I'm back. 46 YO, healthy guy, regular gym workouts, very active.
Background - mod -severe stenosis, L 4/5 disc issues and spondylothesis, pain jolting down legs. Recommended treatment L4/5 fusion from 2/3 physicians (whom I like).
This has been a grueling road to getting in to physicians I wanted and getting feedback from Orthopedic as well as Neurosurgeons but, I am very close to making a decision (gulp) and wanted to run some things by those that are willing to lend some advice. I'm not over the bridge yet and have more questions.
I know everything is "estimates" but, would like to know the following:
* Hoe long after L 4/5 fusion are you up?
* What is the typical hospital stay you experienced? Dr says 2-4 days and it's all dependent on the ability to control pain by pills versus IV.
* How soon were you walking for regular activity post surgery?
* What was your recovery time before back to work? I work at a desk, minimal walking, lifting.
* Are you happy? I see a lot of people on here that dont say many flattering things about the procedure.
Thanks for your help,
46, Good health, active.