Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg pain again after surgery....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had 3 ruptured disks and I had surgery 3 weeks ago. I felt wonderful. Then I was laying in bed and I straightened my leg out and I felt something pull, then pop. Now my leg pain is back in full force. I'm scared and very concerned. My doctor thinks i may have pulled some scar tissue. I had a MRI yesterday and I'm waiting for the results. Has anyone had this?

• AFter 3 weeks of surgery I had started in home therapy and the next morning I felt severe pain in my leg and thigh. Dr stopped me from continuing pt and wanted me to have MRI just to see just in case something happened. I had the MRI and everything (thank God) was the same like it was right after surgery... but he gave me Steroid pak and I took it for 5 days and that helped... I think from pt my leg was stretches a bit and that caused some inflamation. So, that what had happened to me.. Hope this helps..

lotus :)
  • I'm sorry I didn't have this myself so I'm afraid I can't help much. I hope your scan comes back clear and that it turns out to be nothing serious. Let us know when you get the results. Hugs, Spicey
  • I agree with Lotus and think it's possibly just inflamed due to the stretch. Just relax and dont let it upset you and wait and see what your MRI says.
    Sending good wishes your way.

Christina :)
  • I had my MRI but it doesn't show any damage, which is a good thing I guess. I still have the pain an dpull in the right leg. Doctor says he wants to wait 3 weeks and see if it get better by itself. I'm crossing my finger and praying everyday it does. Thanks for all possitive feedback.

• Well that is good news about the MRI. Just take it easy!
  • I had a 9 level fusion in Jan. I had such severe leg pain after surgery, I thought i would die, or wanted to! It went away on its own 1 week or so , I drank quinine, i don't know if it helped. it was brutal, as was everthing. it all clears up.
  • About the MRI. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Take Care,

Christina :)