Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

lack of replies?

have noticed that most of us newbies here do not get any replies to our introductions...that is not terribly reassuring. is it because the group is too large, most of us newbies have the same diagnoses, and everyone has read the same thing over and over again? topic titles too boring? for myself, i guess i would prefer to read through the other invaluable info on the site, and check the archives...

• Welcome to Spine Health.
    I personally cant reply out of a lack of experience in certain areas
    Any thing I would say would be disingenuous in my book, my view
    Many many! People have walked or will walk in your shoes...
    It took the forum,a,while to answer some,of my questions..and some still ..but its ok, chronic pain and attendant issues are part of a,process and journey to be actively participated in
    I found many answers on my own..many more here
    Patience is short when in deep pain, anger frustration,and depression also affect similarly
    I hope your questions find the answers,needed
    And again, Welcome!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• I have been an active member of this site for a while and rarely look through this particular section of the discussion board. I tried to at first, but I found that there are just so many people posting in here asking questions that have either been answered through one of Spine Health's many articles or videos, questions that have been answered many times under the more specific topics, or who are posting just a few sentences in a panic that make it difficult to even know how to respond. I've also gotten discouraged after spending time thinking about and responding to someone's post and then they never come back.

Also, my knowledge and experience is only in certain areas, so when I scan through the message board, I usually only look at messages that clearly state some general information in the subject line that I can relate to (eg. "Question about 2-level cervical ADR").

I don't want to speak on behalf of other active members, but this is my opinion. There are so many new members, it's just really hard to keep up.
    L4/5/S1 scar tissue removal surgery, plus unexpected L4/5 microdiscectomy #2 October 2015
    L4/5 microdiscectomy May 2015
    2-level ADR C4-6 (Mobi-C) February 2015
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 497
    edited 11/08/2015 - 4:14 PM
    I seen your post the other day, and started to respond, then I was interrupted, and when I went back to page, I refreshed to see what someone else may have posted, not wanting to repeat, or just to add to something said....then interrupted again....next day was my birthday (no, didn't waste any time crying!) and then now being at my folks visiting, it's easy to get distracted from the goings on around their place....they have one BIG dog, three cats (two of them adorable kittens growing so fast)....and then here I am again, from seeing this post...again I'm sorry you felt we neglected you, I'm sure that wasn't anyone's intent.

I usually refresh my logged in self to the "view recent posts" which shows all recent posts, so if I'm off and away for longer periods of time, I may miss the most recents, and may not be able to look further than page two because of time or discomfort.

My lumbar fusion L4-5, rods, screws, from backside, and laminectomy, (from spondylolisthesis), surgery was last March...still having some issues, but don't have the sciatica pain like I used to.

A couple years before my surgery, the spondylolisthesis was at a level one, then upon pre surgery it had worsened to level three...but during that time I had kept on trying to do my physically demanding job (just retired though).

After surgery, during PT I had asked a therapist if there was anything more I could have done myself to try to correct the spondylolisthesis (different exercises), and he said no.

I hope you get some relief soon, and your surgery is a success, if that's what you've decided.

And....did you paint your avitar?...your use in user name. I can't pull it up close enough to see, but looks interesting ; )
  • for your responses! i do appreciate your encouragement...regarding my avatar, it is photo of a mixed media art piece that i did. the woman was cut out of a vintage fashion magazine.
  • Sheri76Sheri76 Michigan Posts: 497
    Like what I can see. Mixed media artsy stuff can be lots of fun. I've a nice sized floor vase that I painted in a ceramics class many years ago, then took a poster pic of wolves in snowy background with pine trees, and used that repeated glue process to transfer image onto vase, which the vase had a texture to it, giving the image a more dimensional look. Then around edge of transferred image, applied mixture of plaster to blend in edges. Then used acrylic paint to blend in edge of poster image colors, and plaster with vase colors, which was a dry brushed finish. Added a couple colored strands of suede with a wooden bead, with feathers, up under top lip/edge of vase. The feathers have seen their day though...cats loved to bat them around.....just thought some artsy talk might cheer you up ; )

Hope you keep us posted.