Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Former osteomylitis due to MRSA, now in real pain again

A year ago, I had vertebral osteomylitis due to a MRSA infection I got in the hospital during a fusion of L4/L5. During a double surgery, the diseased tissue and bone was removed and replaced. This year I have gotten off all narcotics, and used massage therapy to help deal with pain. My new fusion goes from my L2 all the way down, with screws in my pelvis to support my spine. I take 2400 mg of gabipentin daily, and 350 mg Soma 3 X daily.
Now, the pain is getting bad again. I have sharp pain in my lower spine and the nerve pain is worse. I am not sure what is happening. I can no longer bend over to pick something up. By evening, I am miserable. I only sleep a few hours at a time due to the pain.
Even if I wanted to, I can't go back to a doctor as my COBRA has run out, and I am still waiting on my disability to go through. I have searched the web but cannot find any new data on the long term prognosis of anyone with this condition. I don't know what is normal and what is not. I never expected to go back to the way I was, but some of my symptoms are new. No fever, but I feel awful. I am irritable, my left hip is numb on the surface but hurts down deep. I have the normal pain in my thigh and in my foot that comes with nerve damage. Does anyone have any info they can share with me?