Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have written on the forum before but cant seem to find my post so a quick outline of my problem.... I had a disceptomy of my L5 due to severe sciatica back in June and returned to my 12 week check up with my consultant at Ipswich spinal unit in more pain than I was in pre op. Although my surgeon had stopped my sciatica, I then had massive lower back pain and couldnt move much at all. Standing up in the mornings was unreal, and he told me that I was cured, to go away and get used to living with my back pain, that he had done the job he was meant to do and had cured my sciatica. Well since then, the NHS pyhsio has done no good and I started seeing a private physio connected to Racing Welfare as my sciatica problems had started due to falling at work in horse racing. Thank God for this man, he has been amazing and after 8 weeks of him doing his physio and acupuncture on me once a week he came to the point of saying, we need to look into this I am only giving you 2/3 days of relief and then you are back to being in agony again until you see me. Racing welfare funded an MRI scan with the contrast dye in London and I returned with a full report. I have another prolapsed disc L4 but the real problem is the L5 area is showing discitis. I have been back and forth for a year now to my own GP and has finally put me on morphine patches and referred me back to the consultant/surgeon I had the original operation with, who had turned me away saying I was now fine. I am dreading going back to the spinal unit there and seeing this man again but have been told it is the quickest way of seeing anyone. I was wondering if anyone could help with any information on discitis and the treatment etc. I am in so much pain in the mornings especially, I walk with an arched back for the first hour of the day and just doing daily things is painful. Thanks in advance...

• Hi Donna. I have discitis after my l5-s1 discectomy last August 12,2015. I had intravenous antibiotic vanvomycin for almost 8 weeks and now I'm on my almost 3months of oral Clyndamycin antibiotic 300mg 4x a day and Levofloxacyn 500mg once a day. I still have pain on my lower back that's why I'm still taking pain meds plus my right leg is painful especially my right foot half of it. Aa owe my doc we are just waiting for my bones to fuse otherwise I will have another surgery.  Are you taking antibiotics already? How are you?