Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

NEW! 19 y/o DDD L5-S1, HELP

samdaniellessamdanielle Posts: 1
edited 11/18/2015 - 8:13 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi all,
19 years old.
competitive figure skater most of my life, not only do we have hard falls but we also stretch our backs all different ways..

I was trying to gain more flexibility about 2 years ago in my back, walking down the wall backwards, pulling my leg to my head.. etc. I have never had injuries before so i ignored the pain until it became unbearable. Nobody would give me an MRI until i literally begged my sports doctor to the point where his secretary was ready to tell me off.

Anyway, I got my MRI and it said "At L5-S1 there is moderate disc narrowing with mild disc desiccation. Moderate sized disc protrusion. This is causing minimal effacement of the anterior thecal sac. No impingement upon descending nerve roots."

Symptoms the last 2 years: Heavy lifting or bending backwards causes pain, relieved by heat or sleep. No issues with skating, eliminated all moves involving backbend.

Symptoms in the last few weeks: Fluttering/Twitching/Tingling/Pain alternating from my butt/thigh in right leg, and calf, then moves down to my foot. Worse when I'm sitting, as i walk around it gets a bit better. (Keep in mind i irritated my meniscus a few weeks ago so I'm wondering if some knee/nerve pain can be from that.)

This feeling is DRIVING me crazy!!!! HELP. Its a combo of twitching then it moves to this strange nerve pain, then it feels like my butt cheek is dancing ?!
I'm thinking it is back related because there is this little dull pain in the lower back that is oh so familiar, (I carried a case of water at the grocery store and ever since its been a pain.) HOWEVER it coincides with my knee injury as well..

Additional: Ive been to physio the last 2 weeks a few times and she has done some massaging, and poking at my entire right leg, I'm wondering if this could have set off some of this weird twitching.

SORRY for all this info, i'm just in discomfort and I feel lost and confused. Ready to hang up the skates and it's breaking my heart.

Seeing a NEW sports doc Friday, but wanted to ask people with first hand experience first.
advertisement

Comments