Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

our belovd pets

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Matters of the Heart
Hi Everyone:

I don't know how you guys feel about your pets, but I love mine dearly and they make every day worth it. Last Friday we had to put our beloved daschie (Sugar) to sleep. She was sick, but sure enjoyed every minute of life to the end.
She was and always will be an inspiration to me..even though we suffer with pain, I still think it's important (for me anyway) to enjoy life.

• I am so sorry for your loss. Many of us here have pets we treasure. They help us get thru every day. May you find peace in knowing how much Sugar loved you. And, you will always have the great memories of Sugar with you. I lost my 19-year old cat in January. ---Mazy
  • Mazy -

Thank you for your kind words!

• I'm so sorry for your loss of Sugar. I have been through this with 2 of my dogs and it is tough. They do get to be like your kids after awhile. Sending you some prayers for peace.
  • I'm not even a dog person, but I just read a great dog book called "Rescuing Sprite" by Mark Levin. It is an excellent memoir about a radio personality who adopts a dog who ends up being much older than they were first told by the Humane Society. I expected that I would cry, but it was written is a such a way that, while very moving, it didn't invoke huge sobs that, for example the Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's soul series does.
  • It is so difficult losing a pet, so many of us here have been through it and quite frankly it sucks. In fact at one time I decided never to have any again because I was so upset when they passed away but I have several again :) You can feel happy that Sugar led a really happy life with you. I hope you soon come to terms with your loss. Hugs, Spicey
  • Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• ksben - So sorry to hear about your loss, it is traumatic. Changes the dynamic at home, leaves an empty space. Very sad indeed, but grieve and cry and reminisce as long as you need to, they are our babies (certainly my little dog is my baby in this lifetime, I treasure her every day). Then think of all the joy and (unconditional) love that Sugar brought you, that should bring a smile to your face.