Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 1/2 months post ALIF- X-rays show no fusion set up yet

Hey there. I would love to hear from others who have undergone an ALIF @ L5-S1 using PEEK cage with clips. I don't have any rod or screws. I go in every 6 weeks right now and my last Xray at beginning of Nov still showed no sign of fusion setting up. I will be 6 months post op on Dec 18th. I keep asking my physician assistant at each appointment if the fusion process is happening and he keeps saying "the hardware looks good and that X-rays can be somewhat lagging. I've been in therapy for 6 weeks now and still experiencing significant back pain with intermittent leg pain that radiates down butt down to my foot. I can't sit very long at all without pain starting to radiate from my butt down to my leg. I am unable to lay down on my back and relax my muscles without causing significant shocking sensations in my back. The assistant has mentioned at my last appointment of returning me to work at light duty after my next check up. He said they won't do another xray until I'm 8 months out. Being that I have 2 metal clips holding my spine together, I'm worried that returning to work without signs of fusion setting up could cause a disastrous situation. I work in the medical field as a receptionist but I will be sitting at a desk all day. I can't sit down for more than 20 minutes at a time to avoid significant pain. Anyone else had this particular surgery with this hardware? If so, how long did it take to set up?
Michelle Duhon
6 level bilateral facet injections (thoracic&lumbar)
2 level-3x LESI's
L5-S1 micro discectomy
L5-S1 ALIF June 2015