Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Diagnosis finally after years

After dealing with dizziness and balance issues for almost 3 years, at times to the extreme. I had been found unfit for duty at work accused of being drugged or drunk. After being pulled in for alcohol and drug screen while working which I passed, I had endured nothing but accusations, whispers ect ect at work I finally just quit. I was embarrassed to say the least. After numerous falls, I finally fell that left both hands black and blue, a busted nose and needless to say hurting all over. My family Dr says she disagreed with the neurosurgeons that there was nothing wrong and sent me to a neurologist. After going thru numerous testing that appointment, 2 hours long I have learned that there are 2 arteries in the back of the neck that are responsible for balance, vision and speech that were being closed up due to osteophytes . Explains my falls, vision loss in one eye and slurred speech. Now the issue. No surgeon wants to touch me. After 8 spine surgeries, the issue is the number of different surgeons. First surgeon I fired after his wife hit him on the head with a liquor bottle and hid his insulin the morning of my surgery so surgery was canceled. I went on to find another surgeon , I did not feel comfortable with him being my surgeon any longer, he did the first 2. The second surgeon retired so I had to find another. The 3rd surgeon who performed 3 of my surgeries I feel I owe my life to but was unable to see any longer due to being out of network. Surgeon number 4 retired. Surgeon number 5 who never did any surgeries quit before I even got any test results. The neurologist has been trying for a week to find a surgeon that will take me on, he flat out stated that everyone is turning me down due to the number of surgeons I have had. He stated that if he cannot find me one this week he will admit me thru the ER and hopefully a Dr will be forced to help me. I have been warned of symptoms to watch for in case of a stroke which I am told will happen if I am not fixed. The arteries to the brain stem have to be opened up. Other then firing the first surgeon I had no choice with the others.. I was in the medical profession for almost 20 years and I do know that surgeons do not like to take on patients that have been operated on by another, but I find it hard to believe that not one will accept me as a patient. What happened to a patients well being?. We are talking of a serious issue not something that can be ignored. Needless to say I am scared. What if no surgeon can be found? Imagine knowing that you can have a stroke at any moment, talk about anxiety! What if the ER just sends me home? I am praying for a miracle that some surgeon somewhere will have compassion for my situation.

• I'm so sorry to hear about this happening to you. I agree that all but one surgeon was not your fault, how can they blame you? It must be very nerve wracking to have to wait and see with a possible stroke if you can't find one.

Hang in there and please keep us posted.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    I was admitted for 24 hours and sent home, all symptoms cleared up. About 8 oclock that night the hospital ca;lled and said they found a aneurysm, you would of thought they would of seen that when they did the mri of the brain. I see my neurologist first thing Monday morning, but the hospital offered no surgeon