Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Recovery2015RRecovery2015 Posts: 48
edited 12/19/2015 - 8:56 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I am seven weeks post Opp from an ALiF on my L1S5. Been very sore in the area of the surgery with some groin pain for the last 7 weeks. Also still tender tender around incision. Now the last two nights I have woke in the middle of the night with severe pressure in my middle and upper back. It hurts to breath and just feels like someone is squeezing me or a truck is on top of me. It's almost hard to breath. After I get up and move around the pressure goes away and it doesn't come back until the middle of the next night.

Has anyone had this before? Just frustrated if isn't one thing it's something else. Feel like I will never heal. please help.

• lorijo3llorijo3 Posts: 112
    edited 12/12/2015 - 8:03 AM
    It sounds like you should probably call your doctor about this but maybe it is muscle spasms? I am 11 weeks post op add C4-7 and feel great most of the time but have overdone it decorating and wrapping and preparing Christmas cards and am now paying the price with pain in my neck. I haven't even baked cookies yet! Recovery from back and neck surgery is a slow process. You are only 7 weeks out. I was still taking muscle relaxers at that point when needed at night. I have ice on my neck as I type this. But your doctor will be the best one to evaluate what is going on. Have a good holiday and a great recovery.
  • I just started driving at the beginning of the week. I also was at a store looking at coats and had to reach above my head for a couple of coats so maybe I pulled some muscles. I will see if it gets better over the next couple of days then call the doctor. Thanks
  • Sounds like you may just be adjusting to increased activity...like myself! Maybe we will have these flares for a while as it takes up to a year to really heal inside and out. They sure are bothersome....and a little scary, especially if you have had no pain for a while. My 3 month xray and exam are on the 23rd and I hope it is good news!