Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI from 3 yrs ago is much worse.

macgigmmacgig Posts: 2
edited 12/12/2015 - 4:52 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I've done manual labor for 34 years. blue collar jobs. always had aches and pains but nothing too serious or long lasting. just sometimes. But, I woke up on thanksgiving day and things had changed for the worse (I could just feel it by the pain and near inability to get out of bed).. horrible pain on my right neck, right arm shoulder elbow and hand. now the pain is something I deal with daily now.

Here are my MRI results.... some of it makes no sense to me. but it looks like bad news for sure. bad news for someone that is still working and does manual labor 40 hours a week to earn a living.

going to a chiropractor. they said the fusion on my neck is probably something I've had since birth. but it's waited over 50 yrs before becoming painful or giving me problems? crazy.

anyone have any luck using a chiropractor to relieve pain? what does Unremarkable mean in this report?

there is partial fusion of the C5 and C6 vertebral bodies, which may be
developmental or postoperative. their is straightening of the cervical lordosis.
vertebral body heights and alignment are maintained. there is no evidence
of cord signal abnormality. the cerebellar tonsils are normal in position.

C2-3: Mild right facet arthropathy.

C3-4: slight disc bulging with no significant canal or foraminal narrowing.

C4-5: mild right and left paracentral disk bulge with mild narrowing of the spinal
canal and slight flattening of the cord. Mild to moderate bilateral foraminal narrowing.

C5-6: Partial fusion. No cancal or foraminal narrowing.

C6-7: Mild broad disk bulge with mild narrowing of the canal. mild to moderate
narrowing of the right foramen due to lateral disk or disk osteophyte.

C7-T1: Unremarkable

No on one the Spine-Health patient forums is medically qualified to provide any advice or
or recommendations on any diagnostic test. However, the following key words can apply

• MILD Treated with conservative measures such as Physical Therapy and mild medications. Many times these situations can be cleared up and the condition can be resolved.
    MODERATE Some more treatments may be needed, ie Spinal Injections, Ultra sound and stronger medications. Always a possibility of more aggressive treatment if the conservative measures don't help
    SEVERE Need for stronger medications. The requirement for surgery may be necessary
    You need to get the answer to your question from your doctor(s)
-- Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Moderator

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I had C-spine surgery in 2009. I find that heat and muscle relaxants help since I have had 3 injuries since surgery. I would be very careful with anyone manipulating your neck. And, yes your job is a huge issue for you. Hoping you are going to a neurosurgeon who can explain your MRI to you. Unremarkable means normal.
  • chiropractor has helped. i've been 2 times. it seems to help so as long as it's helping I may keep trying that. i've had facet joint injections and a Rhizotomy. the injections work a month or so then the pain comes back. surgery would be a last resort, unless their is some sort of minimally invasive laser surgery that could help.
  • Have you seen a Neurosurgeon to go over your neck injuries with you and actually show you(on the computer) what's going on cause you need to be very careful. Good luck.
  • If I were in your position, I would DEFINITELY avoid the chiropractor until you've had someone interpret your MRI. I agree with the others, see a neurosurgeon. Just because they are surgeons does not mean they will automatically recommend surgery before anything else. But they are the most qualified to diagnose your specific condition and help you make a plan from there.
    L4/5/S1 scar tissue removal surgery, plus unexpected L4/5 microdiscectomy #2 October 2015
    L4/5 microdiscectomy May 2015
    2-level ADR C4-6 (Mobi-C) February 2015