Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Side pain when cough, sneeze, laugh... disc?

price0909pprice0909 Posts: 16
edited 12/17/2015 - 3:39 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
I have been having pain on my left side probably 4-5 inches below my armpit in the rib area. It started 5-6 weeks ago very random and not too bad.

After about 4 weeks it was getting worse. Sneezing hurt enough that I went to the walk in where they did an ultrasound of my organs. Everything came back normal. He said take Advil a few times a day. After 5 days, it wasnt helping. I went to see my reg doc (who I made an apt with bc he is new as a meet and greet) He said it was Costocondritis.. I left thinking this guy doesn't know what he is talking about! I have had that before and that is in the front rib area...

Fast forward to yesterday I went to my Pain Management Doc (who was so happy that I have yet another not normal easy to diagnose problem!) He did an xray and said everything looked okay (my compression fracture is still there., slight curve of the spine but not major)

He had me lay on my right side and he pressed around on my left side.. the pain was excruciating from my back around my side. Also I had sneezed 2x while in the office so that didn't help. Also, I cant even laugh or giggle with out pain. It is getting so bad! I wake up several times at night.

He said he thinks it is radiating from a disc in my back. Gave me an oral steroid for a week to see if it would help the inflammation.. He put an order in for MRI but said to wait to schedule after taking the meds. plus holidays coming up he will be away..

Anyone have this?