Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post surger mobi-c c5/6 c6/7

7 days post after 2 level mob-c

Good news: is the pain and nerve issue's on my right side (casued by stenosis and herniation) are gone

Bad news: opposite side between neck and should I have the worst pain imaginable. If I do anything else put side in a comfortable position I am in A LOT OF PAIN. Pain pill help take the edge off but since surgery there's been no relief. I tried calling the Dr who which i have a follow up in 2 days and was told it's common to have pain on the opposite side.

I just don't think this is normal. I can't even function in the simplest way without pain. If I saw an improvement, I'd be ok, but I haven't

Has anyone had similar issues? Did your pain subside over time or am in for a long haul battle?

• StinkfistSStinkfist Posts: 24
    edited 12/20/2015 - 3:35 PM
    I had a single level C6/C7 mobi C disc replacement 7 days ago as well. The first 4-5 days were real bad, but the past two have been much better. I still have a lot of pain in the neck and shoulders, I am assuming this is because they jack your neck back up to where it should of been before the herniation. I can imagine that a multi level would be considerable more painful.

The point is you are only a week out of a major surgery, and you have to expect to be in quite a bit of pain, hence the pain pills, maybe you need those increased?

Anyways good luck and I hope it gets better soon, which it should, has it gotten any better, worse or about the same?
  • I just hear all these great stories and I just wasn't prepared to deal with this all new ordeal. Hopefully I'm just over reacting. Unless I'm seein tart I'm miserable
  • Disc replacement at 2 levels. C4-5 & 5-6. Rough first week with some of the pain described above. Glad to say the pain diminishes more each day. Be patient and let your body heal properly. This is something you cannot rush.
  • Oh, wow. I go for two-level disc replacement with the Mobi-C in a few days ... how is everyone feeling now?
  • 3 months the ago I had L3 to L4, L4 TO L5, AND L5 TIME S1 with a 2nd incision on my right side. Also 2 rods/6 screws. Prior to surgery u had no pain on my left side. That was until about 3 weeks post-op and the nerve pain down the shin of my left leg came on with a vengeance. I too was assured it was not a problem. My surgeon said it would most likely resolve e itself in a week or so. It actually became worse and was told they could give meds to help. I read the side effects and decided I would have to deal with it. I'm now 3 months post-op ando it is still there, but not bad at all. Hope you are feeling better!

• I am having a 2 level Mobi-C replacement C5C6 and C6C7 this week.  How are you doing?