Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

X- Stop

I had two X-Stops installed in my back about 5 or 6 years ago. It first I thought they worked but after several months I realized that they did not relieve the pain in my lower back. I was told that I could just leave them in and not worry about removing them surgically in the future. During the last year or so my lower back pain has worsened and I can hardly make it through the day especially in the last afternoons. I also had a recent MRI on my back and my orthopedic doctors said that the X stops look okay but I should consider fusing L3 L4 and L4 and L5. He would then remove the useless X Stops at that time. I'm 75 years old and feel that I cannot handle major back surgery but would consider having my X stops removed. I feel they are causing all kinds of problems if I don't get them removed? Have any members of this forum felt better when they had their Xstops removed? Thanks...Shermfiddle