Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

no dr no insurance have severe neck pain

crystal pistolccrystal pistol Posts: 1
edited 12/27/2015 - 9:55 PM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi I'm new to this site and desperately seeking advice. I have severe neck pain that I've been experiencing for 4 months. It varies slightly in intensity but never goes away. It gets to the point daily where I vomit from the pain. I live on ice packs and heating pad, and find my self taking 4000 to 5000 mg a day of ibuprofen or acetaminophen. I know that's not good but I'm desperate. I find myself thinking of suicidal thoughts almost daily because of the pain and inability to sleep because of it. I have no primary care physician or insurance. I am literally at my breaking point...any advice would be greatly appreciated

Suicide Help Resources

Suicide Hotline Numbers
USA: 1-800-784-2433
UK : 08457 90 90 90
ROI: 1850 60 90 90

Suicide Hotline Numbers for Canada (URL Link)
http://www.suicideinfo.ca/csp/go.aspx?tabid=77
Crystal r
advertisement

Comments

• LizLiz Posts: 7,910
    As a bonus, Spine-Health provides these patient forums. Here you can meet thousands of people who understand and can relate to your situation. You will soon become part of the Spiney family[/u] who provide comfort and the advantages of a support system. You are now part of this family that is approximately 27,00 international members and growing daily.

IMPORTANT

- It is very important to understand the Forum Rules to make sure all of your posts[u] do not violate any of the rules.[/u]

- All new members must read our FAQ in order to understand the layout of the forums, how to navigate through the forums, helpful terms, how to make effective threads and posts, plus a link index to many of the important medical forums and key medical articles on Spine-Health Forum FAQ

I am positive any member, new or old will find this Chroinc Pain - Step by Step thread very valuable.

Here are some links that all new members need to review to create effective threads and more

Read before you post
    More Info Tips for Newcomers
    Understanding the rules

All of this will help make your threads better and improve the times and quality of responses you will receive.

You can also find Spine-Health on these Social Networks

Facebook www.facebook.com/spinehealth
    Pinterest http://pinterest.com/spinehealth/boards/
    Twitter https://twitter.com/SpineHealth

If you have any questions or need assistance, you can use the private message facility to[u] contact any one of the Spine-Health Moderators

dilauro

liz

Savage

Liz -Spine-health Moderator

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,940
    Not sure where you live.
    I live in the States. Social workers, or Social Services would be able to help direct you.

They can usually be found in county where you live, and any hospital.
    There is always a way for help, just not always easy to find.

Places of faith are usually good resource, also. Even if you do not attend, they geared to help people.
    Often times you may have referral to somewhere with payment on sliding scale.
    And often times that means ...you pay nothing.

Because you are depressed, you can always have yourself admitted, as you are already having thoughts of harming yourself.
    They would get the balls rolling to provide for all your needs.

I did that!... kind of accidently, while having honest conversation with my therapist at the time.
    Next thing I knew, I admitted myself for my depression and suicidal thoughts.
    Best thing for me!

It was like a 24/7 available crash course in learning how to cope with my pain filled ....and other ...issues.
    And hospital, doctor, and therapy are geared toward doing their best to help in all areas of your concerns.
    Then was the time for me to let people see the suffering...and then they best able to help you.

I don't know about you, but I tended to withdraw and esp when I was pain filled.
    That made it harder for anyone caring about me or for me to truly understand what I was living.

And I can't think of any hospital with a psyche unit that would turn away anyone with suicial thoughts!
    During crisis, insurance would be included in needs...and hospital helping you to care for all your needs....as they first address your crisis and much of what brought you to this point.

My tendency was to minimize much of what I was going through..living with.
    Until something changed...and I thought of it as if it was happening to someone I loved.

I started crying, and thinking of the non stop talking I would do until someone listened and my loved one received care.
    You are best advocate for that loved one which right now.... is you!

Please keep us posted!

Sue
    Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History