Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Someone at work is stealing my Vicodin!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:19 AM in Pain Medications
I am so frustrated!! A few weeks ago I couldn't find my vicodin bottle. It only had 3 pills left in it so I wasn't terribly concerned. I looked everywhere for it. In the house, car, purse, work etc...I finally got a refill and gave up looking for it.

I went to the ER a couple weeks ago with chest pain so I put all my meds in a ziplock to give them when I got there instead of trying to remember them all while freaking out over the chest pain. I got out of the hospital last Saturday and just left the bag in my purse. I worked 2nd shift on Monday night got home took my Cymbalta and one vicodin and put them back. Wednesday night came along and I went to take one before bed and NO vicodin bottle!!!! I looked everywhere once again. I usually don't carry the entire bottle around with me. I use the previous refill bottle put a couple in there to have with me and leave the rest at home, but because of the ER visit and hospital stay, I hadn't removed them from my purse.

I have racked my brain trying to come up with another explanation but I have been exhausted last week after the hospitalization and going right back to work...Ive only been to work and back home. I know I have to tell my boss. Im afraid my bottle will end up somewhere and I'll get in trouble for it. Im so dissapointed!! Now i have to beg my primary for another prescription...and what about work??? Will they suspect everyone?? Im hoping if my surgery goes as planned on 08/05 i wont have to worry about it because i'll be free of the vicodin!!! :D
advertisement

Comments

• hi! try not and tell anyone but those who need to know about your medications. it can cause problems even for your "friends." better to let temptation stay out of the picture. good luck and keep them to yourself! Jenny :)
  • Hi ,
    First sorry it happened. It happened to me also at nursing clinicls. I had only brought them with me that day due to a severe flare. Plus I had a drs appt.
    Another girl also got money stolen at the same time.
    We filled out a report with the RN manager. But to no avail that was no good. I went to the dr and I needed the report. Well it got filed in HR and the person was on vaca. So I got discharged from his office.
    Next time I will have a police report no matter what the circumstances.

Best of luck to you.
  • That is terrible!! I know it was a special circumstance, you having your full bottle with you at work. My suggestion would to be what I do... but seems you would normally do that. GRRRR how frustrating!!

I bought a small travel container for tylenol... its about the size of a chapstick. I emptied the tylenol, and had the pharmacy print a sticker with my script info to put on the bottle. (I had that done, for fear of carrying a narcotic with me, and not having proof it was legitimately prescribed) I carry only what I need for the day in it. It fits in my pocket with no problem... or even in my bra (TMI I know) but you do whatcha gotta right? I don't trust anyone when it comes to my meds, and don't want to be responsible for what may happen if it gets in the wrong hands!

~Also, the travel tylenol container is child resistant. I have a toddler, so it's a bit more comforting than regular pill cases, since most aren't child resistant. I keep all of my scripts on the highest shelves, but since I carry the small bottle with me, I am afraid it might get into his hands.

I wish there was a way to catch this jerk!!! Nanny cam anyone??

Good luck
    Amanda
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    The work place is not the only spot you may have to worry about. There have been posts made here and on the older site about family members taking pain pills. That sometimes can be even more devastating.

This has never happened to me but I've always sort of safe guarded myself. I have about a half of dozen of the small (3/4" long 1/4" wide screw top metal vials) As soon as I get any of my pain medications, I put them into these vials. Then I keep one vial with me (about 10 pills) and the rest is in a safe. This not only prevents any un-authorized access but also is good for me... I can monitor and watch all pill intake easier this way.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I was on Vicodin for another health issue. My sister in law who has been kicked out of the family, was acting like my best buddy in the universe. I step out to the bathroom; come back out; catch the @#$%$ digging in my purse for meds. I know that for a fact because she's a drug addict.
    Try this one for size. Her ex husband had surgery and had sent her to pick it up. Somehow she manage to guzzle all of them by the time she walked out the pharmacy. Talk about screwing someone over. Well, its not just the drug use that has her out; she has done malicious things, stole, assaulted my when I was pregnant, abandonded her kids at school, etc. And wont go to rehad.
    Moral of the story- hide your meds and friends or family you htingk are trustworthy might turn on you . It's sad but that is just how thing are nowadays. People get panhandled outside ER"S and pharmacies for people they think will get pain pills.
  • I was on Vicodin for another health issue. My sister in law who has been kicked out of the family, was acting like my best buddy in the universe. I step out to the bathroom; come back out; catch the @#$%$ digging in my purse for meds. I know that for a fact because she's a drug addict.
    Try this one for size. Her ex husband had surgery and had sent her to pick it up. Somehow she manage to guzzle all of them by the time she walked out the pharmacy. Talk about screwing someone over. Well, its not just the drug use that has her out; she has done malicious things, stole, assaulted my when I was pregnant, abandonded her kids at school, etc. And wont go to rehad.
    Moral of the story- hide your meds and friends or family you htingk are trustworthy might turn on you . It's sad but that is just how thing are nowadays. People get panhandled outside ER"S and pharmacies for people they think will get pain pills.
  • I told my boss about my vicodin being stolen. Same day our new employee gets called into the office and fired. Said her final background check came back and she had a felony. I find it a little interesting that Ive had vicodin for 2 yrs...never had any problems...then boom they are stolen twice actually after new girl is hired. She was only employed a month...

Things that make u go....hmmmmmmm ;)
advertisement