Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why in the world Why???

I understand still having numbness after surgery as the nerve is probably somehow damaged. What i dont understand is if there is nothing else there compressing this nerve, why when i seat down the disconfort increases in regards to numbness and calf ache? Can anybody explain this to me?? There is nothing else there to compress!!!

• How long since your surgery and how long did you go before surgery? I had super angry nerve after my surgery. When I phoned my neurosurgeon two days after surgery, he laughed (nicely) and said he expected to hear from me. He placed me on steroids for 6 days to help bring down the inflammation. He called it "super-angry nerve". Now, six months later, I have healed from that laminectomy in April 2015. A few twinges, now and then, but good overall.
  • Three weeks pos surgery and 3 1/2 weeks from the episode until surgery. I am on second day of medrol today...how did you manage your life until it heals? Did you go back to work regardless? I have a part time releease from the doc to go back to work this monday. Have no idea how i am going to do this..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Manage my life, lol.... I was able to work from home, very carefully. Really curious what type of L5-S1 surgery you had? There are several procedures in that area. The steroids do take time to work and you would do well to avoid moving around much. I forced my self to stay planted a good portion of the day starting my first week post-op. Back to work? If possible take a small lumbar pillow for when you are sitting and be sure to get up and move around every 15-20 minutes. Otherwise, you should make your work days shorter. Six months out from surgery, the pain was mostly gone...six months. I'm so sorry for your pain, but you are still healing regardless of your procedure.
  • It was a L5S1 revision microdiscectomy.. Nothing fancy...