Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I have come to a decision

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:19 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Since I have lost my job, I have decided to continue to work for the temp company for a while until all of my records and tests can be put together so that I can have the surgery by the end of the year. This way I don't have to worry about losing a job because of my desperate need for an ACDF and get the surgery out of the way so that hopefully it will lessen my pain and allow me to function better as a human being.

So what do ya'll think, is that a good idea?

• Working for a temp agency is something that a lot of us should probably check into. On the days we feel up to working, we can check to see if they have anything. On the days we are down, we just don't have to accept any jobs for that day.

good luck to you with the temp agency thing. You are way too young to have all these problems, and I hope you can get your surgery soon and start feeling better soon.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • Nancy, I think that is a great idea! I worked clerical temp jobs for many years. Some temp agencies now offer paid time off after you have works a certain number of hours. I learned a great deal about being flexible, and I also learned that I was capable of much more than I thought! When you go into a different situation all the time, you meet new people, and you open doors to different jobs, experience, etc. I was working as a temp, when I was offered a full time job (with the fed govt) and took it! And, the best thing is that YOU are in charge of YOUR time. I would just call in on Mondays letting the agency know I was available that week. So, good thinking on your part. Good luck, and keep us posted!--Mazy
  • Hi, Nancy-
    That sounds like a great idea. I am a nervous wreck about possibly losing my job (I've been there 26 years), because I just had lumbar fusion and I am going over the FMLA allowance for this year. I really never even thought of something like that! At least it gives me another option, in my mind, because I am not ready to just "throw in the towel" at my age (48), and I really enjoy working-when I'm not in horrid pain!!
    Just wondering, though, do they (the temp agency) give you medical insurance? I know my surgery cost a fortune, and I could have never had it without insurance. That would be great if they did!
    BTW, Happy Birthday to you (sometime this week? I think I saw that in another post?). It looks like you've also been through some pretty intense "roller coaster of life" rides lately, and I admire you for being so open and sharing them on here! Can I ask how old you are going to be on your B-day? I hope your parents are starting to treat you better, and I bet your Mom will be very supportive of your temp agency work/surgery decision!
    Keep us posted, Nancy- a lot of people here are praying for you, myself included!
  • If you filled out a medical form at the time of your car accident, the car insurance company is supposed to be responsible for your future bills.

I was told this by one of those atty's who advertise on TV. There is a statute of limitation of 3 years for sueing the person who caused your problems, but he said the car ins. company is supposed to pay the med.bills. But, I guess that would open a can of worms. I doubt if they would do it without a fight.
This discussion has been closed.