Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4L5 hemilaminotomy/discectomy using microscope

I have an L4L5 herniated disc I have already done pt for 6 weeks did the epidural injections now iam scheduled for surgery Jan 20 . Iam a little scared ok alot scared was wondering if anyone has had this done.what should I expect .will this actually help .I used to be a very active person now for the last 4 months I have been in pain when I try and do anything . Also how is post op ? What should I expect and how long does it normally take before I can start doing anything I have 2 grandkids who love to play with grandma but lately I can't do that which is upsetting for both of us .any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    Not sure, but thought you may, also be interested in the ...January Surgergy Buddies...thread.
    There you may be sharing in similar situations, and or post op experiences...

There is also a post called....Post Op Must Haves...
    Many members have found it helpful and have even added to it over time.

There is also the medical side of SH where you may find articles and or videos helpful to you.
    I esp. like the videos as I learn best with the visual. And the video library is huge!

Using search, upper right on page, will help you find your interests and or concerns.

I wish you the very best with your upcoming surgery and recovery!
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History