Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

When will this end :(

HoneyBHHoneyB Posts: 2
edited 01/15/2016 - 9:15 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Hello everyone,
I have finally decided to post on here after lingering for a while. I have had problems since June with my upper back that just came out of nowhere, I initially thought that it was sleeping in a strange position. I woke up one morning with a pain in my shoulder right under my shoulder blade. It got worse and worse over the weeks until It got to the point where I could not concentrate or do anything. I would get spasms all the time and it hurt so much! I would say the pain was a 7. I went to the doctor and they gave me some pain killers and told me it was most likely just a tear and would heal over time. My shoulder felt as if somebody had shot me in the back and the burning hot bullet was still stuck in my muscle ( that's the best way I can describe it!) And I had a sort of tingling pain surrounding the area.
I took my painkillers flexerol and some others and they helped a bit along with massage sometimes.
This was when I was in Canada during the summer...by the time I got back to the Netherlands in September, my condition still hadn't improved and I went to the doctor here. Unfortunately they don't have flexerol apparently here and my doctor won't send me for an MRI. I had an xray and it turns out I have scoliosis, but that is most likely unrelated. Everything else was apparently fine. My doctor did not see the xray, though, she only saw notes made from the doctor at the hospital where i had the xray. In fact, they did not mention the scoliosis in the xray, i i started going to fysio twice a week, (where i found out ) which improved it to the point that I don't feel the burning bullet anymore, only sometimes, but I still get the deep tingling numb pain which is annoying. My shoulder feels so tight, and my fysio guy said that I have tight subcutaneous tissue ( he said it in Dutch and I don't know how to say it exactly I'm English). I started to feel something new last month - it feels as though some parts of my thoracic spine is bruised. It's very tender to the touch and feels inflammed and swollen. I'm sorry for the rambling but I am just desperate for some kind of information on what this could be or if anyone is going through the same!

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    I may have missed it, but are you working with a pain management doctor?

My primary tried working with my pain two years and then referred me to pain management.
    Best thing for me!

He would read the CDs of actual test, not just relying on written impressions, and was able to notice things not noted in the written impressions.
    PM doc also did variety of tests, EMG being very revealing, in my case.

He discovered thoracic areas with issues causing much of my pain and burning of my rib cage and upper and mid back....and cervical issues, at the time not as bothersome to me.
    My lumbar spine area was the most obvious through other testing and my symptoms.

But he began treatment for all areas of my spine and has been able to keep the edge off my pain.
    And has kept me out of the ER.
    That is huge!

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Hi
    you need to get an mri of your cervical spine. I have herniated discs in neck pressing on the spinal cord and my number one pain is in my shoulder blades. It's a stabbing and burning pain that doesn't go away. Sometimes it radiates and makes my eyes tear. When I go to massage or chiro they can feel the huge knot there . Because of the herniations the shoulder blades are over compensating in some way for the neck problem. The MiRI is absolutely the thing you need so you know what you are dealing with