Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Healing Stenosis??

I am wondering if spinal stenosis can heal itself? Everything that I have read is saying that it only gets worse or stays the same over time. I had an MRI on my Lumbar and Thoracic spine about 2 years ago and I had moderate stenosis at L3-L5 and T9-T10. I had moderate to severe at the T10-T11 level, it also stated that I had bilateral foraminal stenosis on each of the levels. The new I had on 1/12/6 MRI that I just had did not state any of these issues. I am wondering if they only look for new condition or worsening conditions when listing what is on the new MRI. My pain in my mid-back, low-back, and left leg has been getting worse and that is the reason for the new MRI. I also had DDD throughout my Thoracic and Lumbar and it was not mentioned on this MRI either, and I didn't think that these conditions could heal on it's their own as both are arthritic degenerative processes in your spine. Look forward to any information or experiences that anyone has..

• dfbddfb Posts: 15
    edited 01/17/2016 - 4:20 AM
    I had spinal stenosis t11 t12. Mine was a synovial cyst 11 mm ,flattening the cord to 1 mm. It was caused by osteo arthritis. I had to retire due to arthritis. My knees went out, then right shoulder, then ulcerative colitis and just had open back surgery. All due to arthritis! If you are getting symptoms, see a spinal Doctor. If your symptoms get worse, don't wait!. I think the longer the stenosis goes on the more chances there are for nerve damage to become permanent. I'm now thinking of taking biologiics
    to stop my body from attacking itself. All studies show surgery is the best treatment..