Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

after oxycodone

Hi everyone
ive been on butrans patches,pregablin,and various other meds for some years now,at my latest pain management appointment ive had a complete change of meds,ive been changed to oxycodone and another oxycodone drug short term usage to top up,the dr said he actually wanted me to have another drug instead but it wouldnt be funded until id tried this first so you can imagine ive wandered what it is,i asked he wouldnt say as there had been some cotreversy about it,if anyone has had this happen and what to expect from changing from patches to oxycodone thanks to all and hope your pain free today

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    edited 01/17/2016 - 7:31 AM
    My PM doctor started me with fentynal patch with hydrocodone for breakthrough.

He told me early on that he would be switching my med every year..year and a half, in the hopes I do not become resistant to either med.
    He, too, mentioned that he has plans B, C ....for future if needed, as I may have couple decades of needing to treat the pain.

So for me, it has been the fentanyl patch, then OxyContin, fentanyl patch, and so on.....

He never changed my breakthrough med, but I only take it to prevent visit to ER.

I never had any problems with switching the meds.
    I didn't need to wean off anything or anything special.
    Doctor just stopped patch and started other....and no problems for me.

Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History