Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cervical Spina Bifida Occulta

Hi all, I'm pleased to have foud this forum! I have a long history of both Lumbar and Cervical degeneration, but I will keep the topics seperated! 9 years ago I had 3 artificial disc replacement in my neck which has performed brilliantly until the last year and I now have considerable pain in neck, shoulders etc. My neck degeneration began in my late 20's and I am now 53. I had a recent CT scan that shows the ADR's look good still, but the disc above is poor and there is 'moderate' facet joint disease. What the scan also showed was 'non union of C1 vertabra'. Nothing has been mentioned about this in all my previous scans. It's clearly visible on the scan. Is this the same as spina bifida occulta? If so, do you think this could be the cause of the early degeneration of my neck? It's always been a mystery! My research suggests (if this is the 'occulta' thing) that it is very rare in the neck. I'd be very lleased to hear your views,thanks Deb

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,427
    While waiting for members' responses with shared experiences, it may be helpful to you to use the search on this site, upper right on page.
    Type in your concerns and you may be led to not only other posts with information, you may be led to the medical side of spine-health...with articles and or videos.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• Thanks. I searched bit cam find nothing about verbical,Spina Bifida Occulta. i understand that Lumbar is relatively common but in the neck very rare. I do hope someone can shed some insight. i'm still in a great deal of difficulty with my neck amd I do wonder if this could be the root of it all.