Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Doctors wont do anything !!

So i have tried gavapentin duloxatine and now pregabolin

i have also tried paracetamol ibuprofen co-codomol and tramodel and nothing works!!

Please excuse my writing side effect from pregabolin.

The pain clinic say excercise will get rid of the pain and i dont believe it and they refuse to give me the injection as they say exercise will solve the problem i have degenerative disease with 20 % movement in my left side
i am 22.

The doctors are giving up and wont do anything

Is there anything else out there i could mention

The gp laughed when i asked about occupational therapy to come out and help as i suffer with falls

• szylszyl Posts: 31
    edited 01/24/2016 - 7:30 PM
    Took me 8 weeks to get an appt with a top surgeon. On the day of the appointment, I then waited 2 HOURS to see him.
    When he arrived, all he talked about was his son's plantar's warts and how they affected his ability to play soccer.
    All he prescribed was PT.
    After three different PT's over a period of 7 months, none of which worked, I fired my surgeon...and went to another.
    You need to do the same.
    There is a lot of scamming in this area of back and nerve remediation. Lots of talk, and little action.

I'm now getting surgery within 4 weeks and can't wait.
    Everyone I've talked to about spinal stenosis is very happy with the results post surgery.
  • Physical therapy CAN and does help people with DDD. It takes hard work, regular excercise, and continuing the excercises long after the official sessions have ended and doing them on your own, on a regular basis.
    DDD is an anatomical finding on an MRI. What matters is the degree of it. It can be very, very mild, all the way to very, very severe and debilitating.
    If your doctor's are recommending physical therapy, then you owe it to yourself and your mobility to give it your all, and work very hard at it.
    It is not an overnight cure by any means, and as I said above, you have to keep working those excercises they give you in order to see the benefit and improvement.
    If you are unwilling to follow the doctors instructions, there isn't much they can do for you. You have to help yourself so they can help you.

• PT definitely can be beneficial and definitely has it's place. Unfortunately PT is not always the answer. A lot of people think exercises can fix a lot and it can most definitely help but there are many situations where PT should be a part of the treatment plan but not the only thing. When my uncle had a back injury at first it was PT nothing else, he was in so much pain that PT was so excruciating, due to circumstances he got different insurance had to find a different doctor, the second doctor still had him do PT but also included pain medication, and injections. The addition of the pain control made a tremendous difference, he was able to fully embrace the PT and with time he improved. He would take pain medication before PT session and it made such a difference. It would be nice if special exercises were the cure all but if your in so much pain, that the PT makes sense to worse how will someone be willing to stick it out.
  • Not the end as far as treatment goes. Insurance frequently will not go any further unless and until the patient had given PT a fair trial.
    No one is saying that PT is a cure, and other treatments may very well be needed, but in this case, to just dismiss or outright, without giving it a fair trial, because the patient doesn't think it can help is not going to get her more in the way of help from her doctors.