Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ok. So I went to see a new neurosurgeon. He told me I had a freak spine ( those were his exact words ) and that everyone I've seen up until now has just been using me and not actually fixing anything and that I need to see the best of the best. My tailbone is bent at a 90 degree angle. My l5 s1 fusion isn't actually fused and my l4 is unstable. I am now waiting for aprival of a ct scan with dye and x rays while being bent on different positions. He suspects I may have arachnoiditis from a dura tear that, from what I was told, was caused by a bone spur. He said that the surgeon just told me that so I wouldn't sue him for nicking the dura sack during the fusion. So it's rather arachnoiditis or an unstable l4 that needs to be stabalized or even possibly both. Still waiting for the scans.

What I'm wondering is if this is a common practice? To lie to patients in hopes they won't get taken to court over a surgical mistake?
Also, what's up with this arachnoiditis? He told me it is was caused by the spinal fluid leaking onto the nerves and fusing them to to togeather making it hurt all the time. There is no fix for it and should have my SCS removed and have a morphine pump installed.
So that makes me wonder, how the pump is? Any experiences?

• itsautonomicitsautonomic LouisianaPosts: 1,807
    Man I hope its not arachnoiditis for your sake. I dont think its common practice , but again people will do or say anything to avoid litigation. If the current neurosurgeon is best of the best compared to the other doctor I would be inclined to believe what he is telling you.
    Do your due dilegence, trust you know your body and question everything if it does not fit. Advocate for yourself and you will be suprised what will be revealed trusting your body and instinct.