Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here and in dire need of some insight, help or assistance!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:20 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello Everyone, My name is Chocolat and I'm a 29 yr.old female. I'm totally at my wits end because it seems as though I'm getting tossed around from doctor to doctor. I sprained my back on the job in February 2002 and everything has gone downhill. I had a herniated disc that ruptured before my Discectomy on 2004. The doctor told me that I would have no more problems after the Discectomy was performed. What a boat load of s*** he feed me. After the Discectomy I did get relief but only for 2 months. I had my first EI January 2005 and have received several more since the first. I'm constantly in pain daily, my lifestyle has changed drastically. I can no longer work, clean, cook or anything else that requires me to be on my feet moving around. I've had an EMG, Nerve Conduction Study, Medial Branch Block & several Epidural Injections within the last year. As you've probably figured out, none of the above have been successful. I had a recent MRI performed on 7/20 that revealed a new herniated disc among other things. I've seen numerous Neurosurgeons and each one has passed the buck. One even had the nerve to tell me to get use to it and live with it. I'm currently on Robaxin, Zanaflex as well as 30 mgs of Oxycontin(3 times a day). These are the results of my last MRI: 1) Disc desiccation with height loss. Diffuse posterior disc bulge. Severe facet osteoarthropathy with hypertrophy. Mild canal narrowing. Moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing, left worst than right. Posterior central annulus fibrosis tear of L4-L5. (2) Diffuse posterior disc bulge at L4-L5 with severe facet osteoarthropathy, resulting in mild canal narrowing and moderate bilateral neural foraminal marrowing(left worse than right). All of this is fixable!!! At my wits end and don't know where to go from here, CCan Someone Please Help Me or Point Me in the Right Direction?????? :( :O :?
advertisement

Comments

• Hey Chocolat glad you are here! Check out the back surgery and lower back forum - there are a lot of good threads going. And they are good forums to post in.
    Are yu seeing a Pain Management Doc?
    Where are you from?
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having such problems with getting a diagnosis. unfortunately that is only a part of the problems in dealing with chronic pain. i hope something works out for you soon. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum. Jenny :)
  • Thank you so much for such a warm welcome. I am seeing a pain management dr., but dont want to take pills for the rest of my life. There is a fix to my problem, I ust need to find the right physician to handle it. Thanx Again!!!
  • Hi and welcome. I'm pretty new here too. I'm sorry you're getting the run around and hope you find a permanant solution very soon. :)
  • and welcome to the forum sweetie. I am so sorry to hear that you are getting the run around...but this is sometimes a common occurence. Please let us offer you support and understanding while you are on this journey to find an answer to your problems. :)
  • and I wish you luck in finding a permanent solution to your pain soon. Please keep us posted.
  • Hi-
    I know it just STINKS to be in your position, and I have been thru the ringer too, as have many of the people on this site. Just a few questions...
    Have you seen an orthopedic surgeon? (My laminectomy was done by a Neurosurgeon, but my fusion was done by an Ortho surgeon)
    Also, I noticed you said you hurt your back on the job? I hope you made your supervisor aware and filed a report w/workman's Comp? I'm not a dr., but it sounds to me like that is where all your problems started from?
    Also, if you have a teaching hospital near you, you might want to check and see if they have a "spine center" where they handle everything from a to z. Many times they have wonderful surgeons there, that specialize only in Spinal Surgery.
    Just a few thoughts...
    I'm sorry you have to go thru this crap so young. I had my 1st back surgery at the age of 22 (26 yrs ago), and I have had intermittant pain episodes, some very bad, but I also had some good years and went on to have 3 kids, (one pregnancy was twins!) , so just try to think positive, your youth is on your side! good luck to you, keep us posted!
    Musicgirl~
advertisement