Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Funny Fusion Fables?

kinpainkkinpain Posts: 958
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Lighten and Brighten
The reason I love this thread is because for change it lets us forget about our pain and difficulties and brings smile into our lives. The truth is that even when we approach such serious and often painful subject as spine surgery, occasionally one can see the funny side of that too (we cry then we laugh,). So I thought I open this thread and see if anybody else has experienced some amusing moments during the arduous months of recovery like I do:

On my morning walk I usually look for our free local newspaper. When I got to several newsstands I noticed that all the papers were gone. So I continued on to our neighborhood library, as usually they leave a bunch of papers there. But that day, instead of the platform in front of the entrance, the papers were placed on the ground. So this was my dilemma, should I bend to reach for one and jeopardize the recovery of my newly operated spine or forget about the paper? Being the stubborn person as I am, I decided to try some alternative, not necessarily suitable for a respectable senior citizen. So I kicked off one of my sandals, an in the manner of our evolutionary ancestors as gracefully as I could I proceeded to pick up a paper with my big toe and the one next to it. I bent my other leg and slowly lowered myself with that knee while I lifted the foot with the paper on it, until I could retrieve my prize with my hand, and WITHOUT BLT!! After the successful maneuver I looked around, hoping that nobody observed me. I surely did not to hear: “my, this old lady must be the missing link!” Any other amusing fusion (or other spinal surgery) stories? Am I the only weird one here???

• Hey Erin, don't you have any photos of the above incidents? Would be very revealing! (pun intended).

By the way, I had the funny feeling that you will respond to this post. Do I know you or what?

On a serious note, I hope you are recovering soon from your pleurisy.