Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still have lower back pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Spinal Injections
Hello everyone, I have had 1 LSI and then had 1 LSI with X-ray and I had my 3rd LSI with X-ray and he also went into the joints at the same time while he was in there. He had told me that after 3 of these I should be pain free. After 3 injections I am now in more pain and hurt more often now then I did before. Before, it was not a constant pain and now it is almost constant. Does anyone have any ideas or advise? I'm a newbie here and am at wits end.

• Hi there, I also went through a series of cortisone injections. And like you , it made the pain worse and it also increased my leg weakness. I ended up having a disectomy at L5, the injections were adding pressure to an already narrow area for my epidural sac to pass through. You may need them to go in there and make some room. The first time I had it done I was like Cured!! Unfortunately I hit a bump in the road and needed to have mine redone.
    But that was my experience with injections..
    Hang in there -PAT-
  • Can I ask what tests you have had done and what was the diagnosis? What other treatments have you had done? It makes it a little easier to give an opinion with some additional info. Hope to help you out if I can.
  • I've had e-rays & MRI L4-L5 deteriated and S-1 Bulging
  • I had been going to a chiropractor for a long time and that was't helping either. That's when I starting going to my PM but now I'm worse. :?
  • I will be going back in the day after tomorrow to have my 4th ESI w/x-ray & facet block. I'm going to have a good stern talk with my PM DR and tell him, I'm worse now then I was before I came in here and started the ESI's, what can you do different that can help me because this is for sure not working. If it's not giving me any relief but making me worse we need to try something different. Does any one have any ideas for me before I go back in to see him.