Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

IM Injection...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Pain Medications
Whelp,here I am again with no good medication and in incredible pain from my nerves!!! Its back again from 2 weeks ago, and I'm thinking its coming from my t-1 though t-4 area. I have server pain between my shoulders mostly to the right. Just below the shoulder bone, into the shoulder and down my arm to the wrist area. I just bought an Injection called noflan its for inflammation. So I wanted to know if I could inject this directly into the muscle that hurts the most being that muscle between the right shoulder blade and the shoulder. When I press on it, it gives me even more pain and goes down through my arm to the wrist so I'm thinking this would be a great place to inject. This is all on the right side. Does anyone know if this is okay, or do I need to inject this in the buttocks area. I don't speak spanish, so I could not ask there. If anyone has any thoughts on this, please post asap. I was up until 3am last night and it scares me to even sleep because It gets much worse when I do. thanks for any info.. Anthony

• Is this medicine something you bought outside the usa?i have never heard of it...
  • I now live in the Dominican Republic---What a great idea!!!
    thanks to SSI who does not pay enough for me to stay in the states. This med is also called ketoprofeno
  • I'm going crazy!!!!!!!!!!! c-3 c-4 c-5 c-6 c-7 T-4 T-5 T-6 T-7 T-8 T-9 L-3 L-4 L-5 S1 DDD, stenosis, cord compression in C T and L area, loss of signal in RT arm, Left leg as well as weakness...... I need surgery in the worst way! I only get 825.00 per month due to my child support....I have no insurance and these so called hospitals will not treat you without Money!!!!!!!!!! I want to die!!!! I came here thinking my SSi insurance was good since this is what I was told by the local SS office where I once lived!
  • that you are going through all of this. Why not come back to the US since you have found that it is no good there? I can't imagine moving to a strange place alone just because I thought that I could live better there. But, sorry we do not have injectables here that you can buy OTC. I have no clue what to suggest.
  • If you were here in the states you could probably go to a teaching hospital and get surgery at little or no cost. If you have the means to get back here you may want to contact one for the info.
  • http://www.spine-health.com/video/cervical-radiculopathy-interactive-vid... this is exactly where i have my pain right now, I just want to know if I can inject this med into the muscle just behind the right shoulder

• I'm really sorry about your pain.The way you describe it,Ketoprofen will not help you much,if not at all.It is NSAID medication.I don't think its anti inflammatory properties are good enough to help your problem.Do you know where exactly to inject it?Never mind shoulder,back or butt.In each case you risk to puncture a nerve if not trained to do muscle injections.
    You are in enough pain as it is,don't make it worse.I believe there are hosp and doc's near you.Seek professional help, please.

• :) hi! i go to a teaching hospital and get adequate medical treatment. they covered the cost of an MRI and do surgeries. as well they offer a pain management clinic and just about every thing done at regular hospitals. it is all free and has been a life saver in many ways. i imagine all states must have them! good luck! Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,859
    It is not safe to administer medication without the prior knowledge and consent of a medical professional.
    Considering the amount of pain you are stating, you need to find a hospital, a medical clinic or some professional services that can properly address your needs.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com