Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

removal of back hardware,how is this done?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:20 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I broke my back in July of 06, had the first surgery in July of that year,to repair 3 breaks to vertabre. Waited until recovery from surg. and physical therapy,even extended phys. therapy a few more months. The surg. corrected the breaks but not a thing for the pain then and still have. I had many epiderals,injections, with and without dyes,numbing medications,etc;;;etc;;; Well I was still having so much pain and problems the surgeon opted to do a "spinal fusion" and said alot of patients get major releif from having this done. Unfortunantly I wasn't one of those patients. Now the major problem is that the "hardware"(screws,bolts,nuts,whatever)is pushing through on my lower back,and I can't even describe that level of pain. The decompression and fusion was done on Jan. 20,2007 and now my pain management doctor is telling me he is referring me back to surgeon and have him remove the hardware he put in to hold fusion in place til it healed enough to hold on it's own. MRI shows it's holding on it's own according to pain mang. doctor, and he feels hardware is causing problem by pushing on nerves, and needs to be removed. HOW is this done and how much recovery time is needed? Please, if anyone knows, help me out, I'm scared to death because I have no idea what to expect. Thank-you in advance. smallfrie52
advertisement