Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:20 AM in Lower Back Pain
I need some advice. I had a four level fusion Feb. 2007. I traveled to Florida last week for seven days. After the 2nd day of getting over the drive I felt wonderful. I haven't felt this way in years. I can't figure out if it is because I was on the coast and there is no weather fronts there or if it was the mattress. I have a great mattress. Ortho and firm. The night after I got back home I'm already back to hurting so bad I had trouble going to the grocery store. I felt so good at the beach. Has anybody got a clue?
Georgia Girl

• was the mattress that you slept on a little softer than the one at home? Not everyone does well on a mattress that is too firm. The really firm ones tend to cause pressure points. I had one that was the firmest that you can get and recently bought a new type of mattress that is called a Euro Pillowtop Firm. It is great. It is a pillowtop but still pretty firm. I think that the extra cushioning from the pillowtop has helped me.
  • I use simmons beautyrest, as I can t really afford the tempurpedic ones.

It is very firm and uses individual spring coils, so it contours to your back and relives pressure points. Ive used it for years and really enjoy it. I also put a couple of pillows under my knees.

some times however I need a really hard surface and I'l just sleep on a carpeted floor and thst can feel great too.

Hope that helps
  • gagirl--I hope you find the reason you felt better. I wonder if you can find out what kind of mattress you had. Or it could be the warm, moist air or warm salt water or who knows? It sounds like your body loves Florida and maybe try it again (if you can afford to) and see what helped the most by keeping a diary. :) jade
  • GaGirl,

The same thing just happened with me. I was not on vacation per se, my daughter had surgery at Celebration Hospital, so fairly stressful. Where did you stay? Did you ask them who made the mattress?

This discussion has been closed.