Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

alif 2 level and no physical therapy !

sagehenssagehen Posts: 221
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I'm almost 12 weeks post 2 level alif and my surgeon hasn't said a word about physical therapy. Although he hasn't said many words about anything else either....I started mowing my own lawn last week and have been doing my own housework since I had my surgery in May. I am stretching and walking, but doing some physical work really makes me feel better. I bought a floor cleaner to avoid the "on my hands and knees method", but yesterday I did my floors the old way and it felt good!Of course I am being careful,taking breaks as needed, but I really feel good about doing my own work. I put on a huge yard sale 2 weeks ago... got rid of lots of junk! My 5 year old helped me and we had a blast.
Doing for myself really makes me feel like I'm worth something....I have a tendency to get ever so down on myself
when I'm not bringing in that big paycheck (which I haven't done for quite awhile now) so I really get a good feeling when my home is in tip top shape. When school starts I plan to do water aerobics...sounds like fun and good for me too.
I don't see my doctor again until November...maybe he'll recommend PT then...I can't just sit around til then.....
I'm getting fat! I made the comment ,to myself,I wish I was 19 again, and my 5 year heard me, she said ("Why do you want to be 19 mom,cuz you're fat?) LIttle brat!!!
From the mouths of babes....Everybody ,feel better and keep moving...

• It's great that you're moving around and doing things and hopefully without any pain... I think you should take it easy and not to push yourself with all these activities, it seems too much to me... Walking is an excellent exercise and this should keep you in shape too...
    If you're concern about doing the Pt right now, why don't you call your dr and check with him! I did start Pt when I was about 6wks post op and I'm still going for massages and the exercises... It's great I love it.
    Water exercises are also great for you if you have a pool or you can get into one...

Best of luck to you and be kind to your back...

lotus :)