Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 1/2 weeks...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
And OMG I am SOOOO ready for this to stop hurting! By the middle of the day my tushie feels like someone jabbed a railroad spike in it. By the time I get off work, I'm in so much pain I don't want to do anything but lay down flat on my back. I can't exercise, cook dinner, sit at the table... nothing without pain.

I THOUGHT this was improving, but now it's worse again. Grrr!

Ok,... done venting... sorry. Carry on!

• Sorry you're having so much pain. Hopefully it is just a short set back and you will be back on the road to recovery soon.

Hang in there,

• Hi cgb,

I know what you mean about wanting the pain to be over. I had a micro discectomy on May 5th,08 and still having problems. today has not been great woke up at 6:00am because of leg pain, finally I just got up got myself dressed and went out to do some errands. I hurt no matter what so I figrued since I'm up this early might as well get some things done.

I have good days and then really bad days. the pain is down my leg and into my foot/toe, it's sharp shooting pain,and burning. My foot bothers me more since the surgery, I didn't have so much foot pain pre surgery. Don't know if that means anything is different or not. my surgery was on L4/L5.

Well I do hope you are doing better, have a great weekend.

Many Blessings,

• I must have been overdoing it because I'm feeling better again. I KNOW I overdid it on Saturday. All I did was pull a rolling cooler full of pop (and beer) about 100 yards. I was in pain immediately and had to load up on some drugs. (and beer).

• How are you doing now? I hope you are having a better day. :)
  • is okay. I just can't believe how much I still have to watch what I do. It's over the 2 month mark now. I just have a hard time forcing myself to NOT just jump back into my old activities. #o

How has your foot been? Still burning?
  • Hi again cgb......I am glad you are doing better. It is so hard not to do too much.

My sciatic pain is slowly increasing, at night it is like burning fire running down my nerve. I am not sure how to get rid of it. trying to sit less and walk more.....i have no idea really :(

Going overseas in a week, so i may have to go on medication. ~X(
  • Funny you should say that, because once again this weekend I did something (not sure what!) that put me in a world of hurt. I got no sleep to speak of this weekend. I did something on Saturday... that's all I know. I've regretted it since. I wish I knew what it was I did so I could put it on the list of "Don't do that no more!" This stuff fools you into thinking you're doing so much better.. then WHAMMO! The pain is back.

I hope you find something that helps you out before your trip, I can't imagine sitting on a plane for that long with this kind of pain! Keep me posted?

• Hey guys,

Hope you are having a good day as far as pain goes. My pain has increased to the point I'm miserable once again. I hurt so bad yesterday, could barely walk without being in pain. my right butt check is sore like a pulled muscle can't for the life of me think of what I might have done. Still having the aching,burning and sharp pains down my leg and into my foot. I'm so discouraged, not to mention leg pain I deal with migraines, feel like I'm in pain constanly somedays.

Got a letter in the mail friday that the neurosurgeon had changed my appt until Sept 19th a month away to deal with pain. I was suppose to see her the end of this month, I'm giving her a call this morning to see if she can't at least give me something for pain until then. the only thing I have is zanaflex and all that does is make me tired.

well it's early monday morning guess I had better go and call the doc. Hope you have a pain free day.

God Bless,

• Oh dear, i am sad to hear you are both in pain too. Mine is not as bad as yours, but is definitely driving me nuts. I decided to go to dr tomorrow and get some nerve pain killer into my system prior to flying......

Hope u have a good day tomorrow

• Good morning all,

I hope you are doing well today. I'm waiting for the neuro to call me this morning, I left her a message yesterday telling her I was in alot of pain still, and so far they haven't called me back.

I hate taking drugs, but when your in pain you gotta do what you gotta do, right? I do have zanaflex which is just a muscle relaxer. I also woke up at 5:30 with a migraine, when does it ever end.

Well I think I might just give them a call again, I need to get in to see them so they can order a MRI. I think something else is going on in my lower back I don't think I should still be in this much pain, it's been 3 1/2 months since the discectomy thought I would have more relief by now.

Have a great day, and God Bless!

• hey - thought I would add to this as am pretty much in the same place - had a revision L5-S1 microdiscectomy on the 8th July (my first was in Oct 2003) and was ok for a week or two then the nerve pain restarted and I really dont feel like I have got anywhere since.

Am on the pregabalin and they say I have to wait til it gets on top of the pain and til the nerve resolves which could take months. My pain is mostly sciactic - buttock, thigh like a burning line down my leg (sometimes throbbing when I sit). I also have calf pain - who would have thought a calf could be so tender??!! My NS seems to think he surgery was a success from a surgical perspective, nothing of concern showing on the MRI and I have to wait it out as the nerve was pretty compressed but - like you guys I feel I should be further ahead - and certainly not in as much pain as before the surgery!!

anyway - i just felt a kinship with you guys on this thread and thought I would post and join in the venting!!

take care

• Sorry your not doing better nicola. I had a microdiscectomy on May 5th of this year still having sciatica pain also. my foot pain is worse now, think it might be another level. I haven't had a MRI to confirm anything yet. I don't have the muscle spams now like I do before the surgery, but the sharp shooting pain is still there and the burning.

Least little thing I do and the pain can be unbearable. well I hope that things improve for you because believe me I understand how bad it makes you feel.

• hi Cindy - how are you? did you manage to get an appointment with your neurosurgeon?

I know what you mean about the least little thing - I have done nothing some days and the pain is as bad as if I have been doing stuff.

I was just on the phone to my surgeons secretary hassling them and they managed to get me an appointment on his Monday clinic next week (the first day he is back from his holidays) - but then I am so scared of what the outcome will be. More MRIs and more waiting. :SS

at least we have this place where people understand the pain and the emotional distress we have to suffer

anyway take care