Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What a difference a day makes

doofddoof Posts: 131
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Matters of the Heart
Yesterday I was so down :( . On my last visit to the NS I was referred for nerve conduction tests, she has said that I may have a trapped ulnar nerve or it could be problems below my cervical ADR. Well needless to say I am desperatly hoping it is a trapped ulnar nerve, I just don't know how I would deal with even more surgery (3 in a year is pushing it a bit guys).

I decided to be very patient and just wait for the letter to arrive - that was 4 weeks ago. I'm so glad that I gave in and rang them yesterday ............ the bleep bleep referral hadn't been sent through to them. I was so upset, she calmly told me to ring the NS secretary to get it sent through and then had the nerve to tell me they were on the same floor as each other. WELL GET OFF YOUR BACKSIDE AND GO AND GET IT THEN. Have you ever tried to get through to one of their secretarys? An hour later I finally got a response - no apologies but a response.

Work is really frustrating. I do a really demanding job, which is hard enough to do in a full day, let alone a lousy 4 hours a day (that's all I can do right now). Therefore, I can't get involved in anything and I am so bored.

Today I plodded in again. Chin on the floor and feeling very sorry for myself. I rang the hospital to make sure the referral had arrived, it's awful, I don't trust them to do the things they say they will. She gave me a date for the tests there and then - September 16th. My chin lifted a little. I was then called into the office by the big boss - chin back down. He's asked me to oversee a really big job that is going on right now. He wants someone with my experience, expertise and aptitude to make sure that it is being dealt with properly :) .

Chin back where it should be - physio would be proud of me!

Other than the symptons, I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. It's made me realise that every day is a new day, every day will bring new challenges, every day might bring disapointments (spelling?), but one thing that will never change is that the next day is a new day ........... BRING IT ON!!!

Hope you are all doing well.

• I've just read this post, the spelling and grammar is dreadful but I can't find the edit button - soz!!
  • Don't worry about the spelling Sandra, it is the message that counts.

Well, despite your current problems and discomfort you sound like you are still doing a great job at your work. It must be hard to do your job even for 4 hours, but you must perform very well if the big boss trusts you with this big job.

Just hang on there, as tomorrow may be a better day!

• You are absolutely right. Every day is a new day, and I am so glad your mood has turned around. When I began reading your post, I was thinking "Oh no, what can I say to help." And then you went right into the good news you received. I'm so glad they are going to give you an assignment at work that you feel good about.

September 13th seems like forever to wait for a nerve conduction study. Please remember that you can PM me any time you need to chat.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • :) we count so much on each test. they can change our lives dramatically or leave us right where we started so there is every reason in wanting to get the test over with. to top off such bad news with good news from work can only be justice. even at 4 hours they can see the valuable, competent job you are doing. so on to another day and a day closer to September 16. see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • im so glad you re feeling more postive,i think you sometimes forget its really not that long ago that you had surgery,u need 2 give yourself a break sometimes,i for one think your doing fab,even your boss thinks you re a clever clogs lol
  • It never ceases to amaze me how much our mood can be lifted by something positive like this happening in our day :) It just goes to show, just because we are in constant pain and have needed surgery, it doesn't mean that we don't still have all the skills and abilities we had before. And yes, you are a valuable member of your workforce so don't you forget it!

Take care and good luck with the appointment in September. Hugs, Spicey