Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I need some serious help in understanding....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Hi my name is Heather and I am 32. I am a single mom of 5 children all under the age of 10. I just recently started a massage business with my current boyfriend. My life has gotten extremely hard. I can hardly work at all! I have had back pain for about 12 years. At the first it was just the feeling of being "stuck" on my back in bed at night. I would get up and have a hard time walking. I would maybe have a day or two of pain and difficulty but that was about it. I never saw a doctor of any kind for it. Then this past year, I was going to school to become a massage therapist. In my very last week of school I started getting pain down my left leg. It progressively got worse with each day until the pain was so bad I went to the er. They did nothing for me other than a shot of toradol. Which did nothing. I then started to see a chiropractor which helped for a bit. I then one day after unloading groceries agitated my back so bad that the pain was unbearable. I have pain all down my left leg to my foot. Over the days the pain even got worse. I went to the er again and they only gave me pain relief while I was there. Then sent me home with anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers. No Pain Meds!!! I didn't understand why I could be in so much pain and no one would help me.I then developed numbness in the side of my left leg and my whole left foot. I went to a doctor and she treated me like a drug seeker. I had an x ray done and then an mri. I am now waiting to see if I get approved to the spinal clinic. I don't know what to do. I have tried so many things for the pain. I have my good days but mostly they are bad. I need to work to support my kids! This is just the most awful pain I have ever had! People just have no idea what it is like to have this pain. Should I think of surgery as an option? Please someone help me! :(