Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yet another Sex after surgery and severe pain at *that* time.. any insite on this?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
sorry about being this blunt.. but this really worries me..

Im 5 weeks post op microd/laminec on my l4/5 and im doing great with activity levels and walking and all that jazz..

But the other nite me and hubby got down to it,, and when it came time for me to 'get down to it' while it was happening i suddenly got a huge feeling like someone KICKED me in the lower back.. omg the pain and the screaming and my husband freaking out... And no, it wasnt good screaming it was pain screaming!

I do fine with sex, its just when it comes time for me to climax this horrible pain happens..

Sooooo.... I am glad these forums are mostly anonymous.. but is this normal? :P Cuz this is really gonna suck if i get severe pain halfway through that event...

thanks for any woman who would like to share with me..

• but so sorry for your ordeal. Have never heard of anyone having pain at that time but maybe someone will be along shortly that can offer some insight as to what is going on.(and hopefully a solution)
  • that I have the same thing! Mine is horrible and is like a really deep pulling/sharp pain in my tailbone/sacral area. It's to the point where it interferes with that time b/c I anticipate it and cringe. I've had the same issue with my husband b/c he's trying to read my face as to whether it's a happy face or a pain face. Things usually end in tears so I've pretty much given up on that part of it. In my opinion, my issue is that there are ligaments and nerves attached to that area and they lead back to the sacral nerve roots. My problems are at L5/S1 and it's all connected. I would let your NS/OS know so they can address it. I've tried different positions, meds prior to that time, and nothing has helped. I know that I have to have another surgery; it's the only way I can fix my situation. Not sure what to say except I know what you're going through! It's extremely frustrating, and horrendously painful. I wish you luck, and that you can get help from your NS/OS. -Andrea
  • To hear about your problems ladies. I mean, we go through all this pain, were troopers and have the drastic surgery to improve our lives and then that happens. It truly is no fair.
    I am almost 6 weeks post op and started being intimate with my husband about 4 weeks post op. I havent had this problem myself but I've read several ppl do suffer from it.
    I would really talk to your doctor about it and see what he/she says could be the problem. I mean it times you ladies deserve a lil pain free pleasure in life. }:)

Good Luck and Best Wishes,
    Christina :)
  • Let me just say that this makes me not feel so bad that my DH is in Iraq. Dodged that bullet, well at least for another 7 months. Hopefully I can heal enough to not have the problem,
  • It sounds like you have not allowed enough time for healing. At least a min. of 6 weeks. Then you have to allow for so many weeks for rehab time..May I suggest going solo sex until you have had more time to heal.

I had a double fusion on L3.L4.L5, and S1 on June 24th. This past monday was my first visit for rehab. (twice weekly for 6 weeks.

I went solo four days after coming home. My wife perfectly understood.
  • you could always pleasure your hubby in "other" ways til you feel up to it yourself ;)

Christina :)
  • hehe thanks for the responses guys.. I can have sex, that part is just fine, as long as i dont actually climax.. solo or w/hubby both ways give me the feeling of someone kicking me in the lower back...

So I am making sure hubby is taken care of, its just when it comes time to my turn with or without him i get severe pain in my lower back .

Ahh well, i will soon be over the 6 week mark.
  • early on in your recovery,...I really think your pushing it, sorry.... I know you want to please your man, (and yourself), but just have a little more patience, and just do it as simplified as you can. You can't be "rockin' and rollin" so hard yet. Give yourself a break, and maybe have a little talk with him, but you REALLY need to take it easy for quite some time. You'll end up messing something up and have to have surgery over, then you have to ask yourself, "was it worth it?" Slow down girl... It'll come in time, (no pun.) ;)
  • ...if it's perhaps to do with muscles clenching during that part of sex. So much goes on in our bodies during an orgasm, it's probably something to do with that. Just give it some more time and hopefully there shouldn't be any lasting damage!