Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Wedge Pillow

hcarroll04hcarroll04 Posts: 23
edited 03/18/2017 - 9:46 PM in Alternative Treatments

If you wake up and have trouble getting out of bed in the morning from lumbar back issues and  you're currently laying flat, please consider a wedge pillow. I bought one several months ago ($60) and it was the best investment I've made! It gave me immediate results. Before using the wedge I had trouble even doing the log roll to get out of bed and after I was able to log roll no problem and had only minor aches. My wedge is memory foam but there are lots of different types out there. Oh and they even have inflatible travel ones too! I used one of those for my cruise and it made a difference, but I will say it wasn't as good as my one at home. I'm only giving my personal experience, but wish I had know about this as an option sooner!

Holly
L5/S1 DDD/Herniation/Hypertrophic facet joint
Been in pain since 2000
Injections 
PT
Pain management/Medicine 
IDET
Upcoming TLIF 04/20/17
advertisement

Comments

• Thanks. I've been thinking I might need one. Will see who carries them.
  • I purchased mine online at Walmart if that helps.
    Holly
    Been in pain since 2000
    Injections 
    PT
    Pain management/Medicine 
    IDET
    Upcoming TLIF 04/20/17
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,627
    edited 03/19/2017 - 7:31 PM
    I used a wedge pillow after both of my ACDFs...  We purchases ours at a JoAnne's Fabric store .   Now, this was 1994 and 2000, but the coast was about $18.

But it made such a big difference in my sleep.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks to both of you. I will take care of that tomorrow.  
  • No problem. I hope it is as helpful to you as it is to me!
    Holly
    Been in pain since 2000
    Injections 
    PT
    Pain management/Medicine 
    IDET
    Upcoming TLIF 04/20/17
  • advertisement
  • I ordered mine last night and it will be delivered Wednesday.  That's the day I should come home so it will all work just fine.
    Online shopping was made for me!
  • MrNyleMrNyle Posts: 39
    edited 03/20/2017 - 6:47 PM
    I can also confirm that these things really help.  I got one called "InteVision Ortho Bed Wedge" on amazon for about $34.  The only issue with the Ivory one is the cover is like a hair magnet.  So I'm kind of wishing I spent a little more for the one with the Egyption Cotton Cover, it's only $4 more.  I suppose I could just put some regular pillow covers on my current one.

Oh and the other thing I don't really like is how my feet dangle off the end.  But that's an easy fix, you can just put a pillow or folded blanket under your thighs and the problem is solved.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,627
     Laurie,  hope your pillow comes in by the time you come home from the hospital
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement