Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

Ifuse options overseas?

Greetings! Like many of you posting here, I have been denied BCBS for SI fusion (tubes). I have a good doctor who has appealed with the company on my behalf. They had me sign a form that says it's good for five years of appeals. Egads. In the meantime, I am moving forward on other surgeries that need to be accomplished while covered by BCBS. I keep checking in with them to make sure what is being covered and what isn't. So far, a couple of total hip replacements and a pelvic mesh - but the SI joint is a real pain complaint as well. Injections to the site have shown the joint is getting worse, not better. So remaining question is this, if I have to pay cash for this surgery then what are my options? I wonder if anyone here has looked into medical tourism or overseas surgery for this? The company that manufactures the tubes says there are several countries that have adopted this surgery, so if they are there then what are the costs? Interesting question I think. Any input?
advertisement

Comments

• i was also denied si joint fusion. I researched and found out about PRP therapy. It's based off stem cell research. They take you blood, with mine they took 18 viels , then put it into a machine that separates the good from the bad. They inject the good back into my joint. I was off wor about a week. This is not a quick fix, it heals in a natural way, like when you get injured your brain sends good things to the injury to help you heal, PRP is just that but in a super dose. Two months after the injection, no more lower back pain from my SI joint. My injection was last Aug and it continues to do well. My joint wasn't that bad, it was hypermobile because of an over stretched tendon. The PRP injection healed the tendon.  Also suffered from Piriformis syndrome, which was so much more noticeable after the SI joint was healed. That I had to have surgery to release it and my surgeon used PRP in my surgery to help heal the area. I am feeling so blessed I didn't get the SI joint fusion. The PRP therapy took a few months to work,  but well worth it. I live in Ohio, USA, and paid 1100.00 for my injection using the regennexx machine. Insurance doesn't pay for PRP. Good luck, I hope you find something to give you relief. 
  • 1100.00 for my injection? wow
  • advertisement
  • That was for a dr office that used a regennexx machine, they claim it's better than the other one. I think all PRP has a chance of working, because it's pretty popular. 1100.00 is much less than fusion surgery and much quicker recovery. I think it's worth the research. My current sugeron that did my Piriformis release surgery uses PRP injections in all his surgeries. Somehow wraps it into the surgery bill and insurance paid for it. That is one smart surgeon!!