Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning Foot again

FormerfireFFormerfire Posts: 148

Ohhhhh.... i was doing real great, but this week i have noticed nerve pain flaring up again. I cant pinpoint it to any activity really...unless its just doing too much (maybe too much sitting??)

2months post op - i hope it goes away again cause its ticking me off.

I have had it on and off after a big day, but i would have to say its been persistent and getting worse the last 4 days.

• Sitting will make my foot start hurting. Lots of things do though. I was having hardly any foot pain and my PT gave me some new ankle and foot and calf exercises to do at home and now my foot is burning and tingling. Walking for more then 20 minutes will make my foot burn also. Hopefully your foot burning will ease up soon. Mine will get irritated and then sometimes by the next day feel better or the day after that. My PT stretches also make my foot burn unless I am very careful and just do it very gently.
  • Oh, maybe my gentle PT i have started is causing it?

• The Burning Foot is a weird one but I have noticed over the past year , since my first Anterior Operation when I developed it , the burning is less and my foot not burning as much.It slowly subsided and my surgeon said when he Operated again 16 weeks ago that it should really settle after two years. It will be interesting to see how it is in another year from now. I fully understand , it really really burns at first for quite a while to.Hope it starts to settle for you as it has for me Formfire.
  • I wonder, has anyone had to go back on painkillers or nerve medication 10 weeks after surgery? I am coping now, but it would not have to increase too much to get me to that place
  • I had surgery (laminectomy and fusion L5-S1 almost two years ago (Dec.19,2006).) About 6 months ago, i.e. a year and a half AFTER sugery, I developed really bad nerve pain in both of my feet. Prior to surgery, I had a little back pain but mostly the pain was in my hips and legs. So now I have the same type of pain in my feet: burning, searing and occasionally stabbing pain. I'm finding out that other people have experienced similar foot pain AFTER back surgery. I don't know what to expect going forward. Walking with foot pain is harder tha walking with leg pain. Thank goodness I have my bike.