Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not sure what's wrong; don't wanna call doc for nothing

meydey321mmeydey321 Posts: 2,435
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Good morning friends. I was sitting down for a short while last evening and all of a sudden I had a sharp, stinging pain in a single spot on the lumbar region. It shot down my leg all the way to the big toe and under the foot right below the toes. I stayed most of the night in pain.
I am 2 months post op from a TLIF/laminectomy. I just saw my doc last week and everything was healing and fusing well. I have to have another x-ray in 4 weeks.
I still have the same pain this morning; I'm being pestered to call but I'm the type that's afraid to get on anyone's nerves. Please someone advice me; I'd so much appreciate it. Thanks
advertisement

Comments

• It can't hurt to call. I am guessing you have been in pain for over 12 hours. :?
  • I'd don't know. Maybe I did overdid it yesterday. I had called other times because I fell down a couple stairs the evening after my first x-ray and when I broke my wrist. They had me on the walker longer than usual for my propensity to fall, now I on the cane.
    Thank for your reply :)
  • meydey- I would call as it is something new and the dr may want to see you sooner or have other advice that you can do at home. Or he may prescribe meds or other treatments. I don't know if ice (or heat as I never remember) will help but I would try to at least check in with the nurse. :) jade
  • Hi Jade, believe me I've been icing my back. And I take a lot of meds already, strong like Fentanyl 50 and Norco. Also Neurontin, and Valium for muscle spasms. I'm covered pretty well. I just want to make sure nothing new it going on without coming off as a hypocondriac :)
    Anyways, I'm sure I'll call sooner or later. Thank you, and take care
advertisement