Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Orthopedic/Ergonomic chair?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everyone,

I am returning to work on a limited basis 2 weeks after L5/S1 micro-d. My doctor wrote me a prescription for an orthopedic chair. My workplace is asking for a specific recommendation for a chair. Does anyone have one or have any idea where I should look so I know what to request?

• Do a search for Herman Miller office chairs. Or, just type in "ergonomic chairs". I looked at a bunch, and in the end, got a hand me down from someone else at work. Most ergonomical chairs are freaking expensive.

I would check with your employer about who is going to pay for the chair. Just because the doctor wrote a script doesn't mean the office will pay for it. Hopefully, you have an understanding employer and will do the right thing.

If you are a worker's comp patient, you have more of a leg to stand on. If needed, down load an ADA Accomodation Request form and fill it out. With most employers, you mention ADA and they will go out of their way to help you out.

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • DRW -

Prior to my fusion surgery, my office agreed to buy me a new chair. When I was well enough to check one out, I hit several national chain computer/office stores.

I found a Sealy Posturepedic Office Chair that has all the bells and whistles you could want. Everything on it adusts - the seat height, seat angle, lumbar support, chair back height, arm rest height and arm rest forward and backward. It is covered in suede microfiber so it's easy to clean as well. I've been very pleased with it and it was only about $200.