Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello...im a newbie:)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in New Member Introductions
my name is karrina and i suffer from really bad lower back pains. i've had this pain for over 3 months now. but jus last sunday was the worst of it. it all started when i was doing some gardening. that night i started to feel the pain come on within a few hours. later that night i went to the er because i could barely walk. the er doctors assigned me to have a cat scan done so i did. but where i live, we send the results off island because no one here can read the results. so i havent gotten my results yet. the pain is so bad i can't sit long, walk long, or stand up for a long time. the pain is across my lower back and is goes down my left leg. the doctors have me taking sulinac and oxicodone, which both have not worked for me. i really need any kind of advice of what u think might be wrong with me....thank you

• so many different things and you really will not know for sure until you get the MRI results back. I highly recommend trying ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off. You can also try hot baths but I have always found the ice to work the best for me. When do you expect the results?
  • I'm sorry you are in so much pain, and I agree with painintheback. It could be so many different things going on. I hope for the best for you, and welcome to the forum. You will find lots of helpful information here. I believe that being informed is our best defense to get the help we need. So, when you are feeling up to it, read,read and read some more on back coditions. I wish you well. :)
  • thank you very much...just knowing that there are ppl willing to give advice makes me feel better. thanks again...about my results, i really don't know when i'll be getting them. i call the clinic everyday to find out if they came in....
  • welcome to spine-health
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you mentioned "off island" and i wondered if you were in the Hawaiian islands? i lived on Kauai for almost 4 years and found it very difficult to get adequate pain meds and care. i hope you have much better luck and recieve some pain relief soon. good luck! Jenny :)
  • karrina- I loved to garden but my back does not agree with it. I try it on and off and I always suffer big time even trying it and sometimes I can barely walk :< so I had to give it up mostly. :< I try to grow a few plants inside but I have to hide them from my male cat who loves to eat dirt and plants. 8} jade