Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

6 days post l5-s1 ALIF with hardware

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Day 6 for me today. I am feeling amazingly well. I still have quite a bit of soreness in the adbomen near the insision site. I had severe leg and low back pain before hand for the last 5 years. The pain in my legs is almost non exististant, mild soreness in the back. I have been able to take walks of up to 3 blocks without the help of a cane. I can go up and down a flight of stairs fairly easily as well. I hope to continue on this path of recovery!

• Wow is all I can say being only 6 days out!!!
    You go!!! and keep going!!!
    You saying 3 blocks amazed me :jawdrop: I made it 6 houses down and back and that was it.
    I barly made it to the kitchen on that 6th day.
    You are doing wonderful!! Just do not over do as some of us on here and old site did , yes we were bold and felt great and then ooppss!! ;) But of course that does not happen to everyone.
    Must be awesome not to use that cane anymore!!
    So glad your home and all went well!!
    Mabye your good story will bring me good luck for my revision surgery next month !!!!

Take care
    Terri :) :) :) :)
  • I could not hardly make it to door and back :D let alone how terrific your doing// Good for you, I can't beleive your doing stairs and long walks already!!! Again WOW!! :jawdrop: !!!! Be careful not to over do,take it easy on yourself, thats a hard surgery, or was for me. Mine is a year old now and I'm glad I had it done. Good luck,, Hope you continue to get better and pain free. smallfrie 8)
  • HI--

I just had come upon this site and felt relieved to find a blog specifically about spine surgery.
    After several months of foot/ leg numbness along with back pain, it was discovered w/ an MRI that I had quite a bit of nerve root pressure on the sciatica. I have 7 herniated discs along with two areas where the vertebrae has slipped behind the other below. It is in the L4 thru the S1 lumbar levels--
    my surgeon will hopefully correct this problem with the placement of rods and screws in both areas.
    There is also quite a bit of arthritic degeneration along these levels which will be also attended to.

Do any of these conditions and treatments sound familiar to other bloggers on here?
    My biggest concern is the healing time frame, and what I can be doing now to help strengthen the back muscles etc. to help hasten recovery.

Thanks for any input--
  • BigDan - this is just awesome awesome news!!! Way to go! I was just making aroung the nurses station at 6 days - with 2 therapists on either side of me - and that was PLIF.

Bonagal - sounds like you've got a lot of damage to come back from. I would for sure be thinking you'll have a long long recovery. Glad you found the site - and welcome!
  • After 6 days I could barely make it off the bed!! :))

Wish you continued success,
    Christina :)