Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

exercise after discectomy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Any suggestions for a good excercise after surgery? I had the surgery done 4 months ago. I changed my eating habits, that is going VERY well, but I need some exercise I can do at home. Thank you!

• There is an excersize ball that I have heard of that everyone no matter what condition they are in is supposed to be able to use. I think that you sit on it and use bands to stretch. They use them in physical therapy. If you send lulusheart a pm I am sure that she will be glad to tell you the name and where you can get them. You may not know how to PM as I see that this is your first post. I will ask lulusheart to post the answer here for you. BTW - welcome to SH. I look forward to seeing you around.
  • hi! i see you are new to the forum as well. i want to welcome you to the forum. we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. by the way please tell us more about yourself. you might want to go to the "Newcomers" section to do this. there is a piece of equipment a lot of us use called the "Exercise ball" or "Swiss ball". you can find alittle about it under "All pain topics A-Z" on the side of the forum and go to E for the Exercise ball. i would not try the exercise they show though without a doctor or pt input.! lol! the main thing is to get the right size. i found mine easily at "Target" but a "Walmart" probably has one as well. the exercise you can do regardless of your pain level is to sit on the ball, feet flat and hold your balance. this works your core which is so important to a healthy back. alot of us sit on it and use the computor. if i was better on the computor i could give you a site on the web but alas i am not!!!! ~X( good luck and please keep us informed of your progress. Jenny :?
This discussion has been closed.