Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning feeling in leg 7 weeks post microdiscectomy - normal?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:21 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi. I am experiencing some slight burning sensation in my legs 7 weeks post L5-S1 microdiscectomy. I am not really in pain, just weird burning sensation here and there. It is intermittent. Can this be the nerves healing or just part of the residual inflammation from the surgery or would the inflammation be done by now since it is 7 weeks and this is a new symptom that just came around in the past few days. Any advice, similar experience, input would be appreciated. Thanks.

• I had those same sensations from time to time ever since I started having back problems. It was never constant but mainly in my left leg until after I had my fusions then I started having them in my right leg. I was put on Lyrica 75 mg 3x a day and it all stopped. I'm still weaning off the Lyrica today but when I feel the burning it goes away quickly so I'm not to concerned about it. It probably is the nerve healing which takes a long time to fully recover. Good Luck!

• I had a microdiscetomy at L5/S1 9 mths ago and im starting to ramp up my fitness, however i am finding i am getting a burning sensation in my lower leg - injured side, after i run. The area of concern is about 2 inches below the knee. Im wondering if this is a result of my back injury and just residual damage or perhaps my nerves are being 'squashed'by my muscles being tight, another thing ive had to contend with since the injury.

Any advice/comments?
  • I have intermittent burning feeling in different places on my right leg. Someone said the burning feeling is the nerve waking up and healing. I like that conclusion.

I had MicroD.