Aquatic Spineys - Swim 2009 for MS

Welcome to Spine-health’s Exercise and Rehab patient community. You can also read doctor approved Exercise Articles.
4 posts / 0 new
Last post
BionicWoman
BionicWoman's picture
Title: Member

This was forwarded to me and I thought I'd pass it on to anyone else that is using aquatics for therapy/exercise. You can get your exercise and help out the Multiple Sclerosis Association at the same time.. seems like a perfect way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone.. Wink

Quote:
If you can swim and have access to a pool you can be part of Swim 2009 for MS. registrations are open now through to Thanksgiving.

Go to the I want to help link today and let MSAA know you are interested or learn more and register with MSAA directly at:

http://support.msassociation.org/swim2009

We want to hear from you if you are interested in

* As an individual on a one time swim activity
* As an individual on a challenge swim
* As part of a group - including corporate groups and swim clubs
* As part of a group interested in planning a Swim 2009 for MS

Swimmers are needed in every community, city and state - OFFER TO HELP TODAY!

There's a registration link on the site above and that gives you further instructions for the various ways you can participate - either individually or in a group.

If you choose to do this as an individual (which is what I'm doing), you gather your own pledges, pick your own date(s), and set swim goals for only yourself. I chose that route because my body sometimes revolts against tightly scheduled activities. Doh

advertisement
TTLC
TTLC's picture
This is right up my alley...

Dear BionicWoman,

Thank you so much for sharing this!

This is one activity... I can commit to doing. Smile

I am signing up and will be doing this as an individual, too.

Very cool... thanks again.

Tammy

Numbskull
Numbskull's picture
Very cool

thanks Bionic, my sister has MS. I'll have to see if there's something like this up here!! We have the MS Walkathons and marathons, not so easy to do those!!

Kelly
APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own

BionicWoman
BionicWoman's picture
They're trying to gather

They're trying to gather swimmers in cities nationwide, so I'm pretty sure you can participate from anywhere. If there's not a group in your area, then you can do the individual. It's a win/win! Grin