100 hundred days

100 hundred days

Welcome to Spine-health’s Stop Smoking patient community. You can also read doctor approved Stop Smoking Articles and watch the Stop Smoking Video.
32 posts / 0 new
Last post
blazer
Title: Member
100 hundred days

today without a cigarette.
Sheryl; are ya still with me.
Hope your not sneaking out behind the shed anymore. lol

Let us know how your doing.

advertisement
Neck of Steel Cindy
Neck of Steel Cindy's picture
Good for you!

That is great news.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!

dilauro
dilauro's picture
Title: Moderator
Blazer

as an ex-smoker, that is so good that you have made it to 100 days.
Then it is a breeze after this.

Congrats

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Moderator
Dont laugh at me

alexhurting
But how is the surgery

But how is the surgery recovery going Jim ?

I also been trying to cut back with smoking, Now if i can only cut back to only 1 botle of whiskey a day i will be fine,

Just kiding. I dont even drink, Git-ir-done.

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
2012 scs implant ,

nmac
Yahoo!

I am on day 19! You are a mentor for me. Did you quit cold turkey? I started with an e-cig but I only used it for a week. I am addicted to the social aspect of smoking. I weighted myself today up 7lbs. I decided to sign myself back up with weight watchers. Keep up the fight!
Nancy

Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.

blazer
Thanks everyone

Cindy,Ron, and Alex.
I think i'm safely on my way to being an ex-smoker.
Alex; been running into a couple of complications from this surgery that i didnt have with my previous surgery, So i got 2-3 doctors appt.s every week, until my body settles itself down.

Nancy; hi and congrats to you.
Hoping you keep up the good job. When you say you are addicted to the social aspect i assume that all is peer pressure, meaning you are around alot of smokers.
Ifs that is the case, i hope you have nerves of steel. Its gonna be hard to quit when all your acquantises(sp) smoke.
I started taking chantix, and at the 5 day mark, i just said the heck with this i'm quitting cold turkey, Put the bottle of chantix in dresser drawer, and i've did rest cold turkey.
But i am not around smokers, and i firmly believe that helped me alot.
Cause i'm off work, that kept me away from alot of friends who smoke.

Best of luck, and i also believe it "mind over matter" just set your mind to it and stick with it.

nmac
Thanks for the

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't been around to many smokers lately so I think it has been easier. I go to work after 3 Weeks break tommorrow. I used to come home and power down 2 cigs. I need to come up with ahealthier destressing activity.
Hope you are feeling ok and your complications are not serious.
Nancy

Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.

John
John's picture
Well done Jim, 100

Well done Jim,
Unique people have unique ways of solving their problems, others success is mentoring and we could all think of many reasons not to stop or even cut down, 20 cigarettes here in England cost £6.53 and @ 100 days the cost adds up, come the time when the consequences of a lifetime of smoking catch up with you, then no amount of money will repair your heart or lungs, and as a colleague said to me using a small breathing machine, “I wish I had never started”.

What you have done works for you, if it does not do something different, staying away from others who do smoke initiates a change and part of an ongoing solution, I have seen close up the impact of smoking on individuals and that look of despair and inevitability.

At 55 my dad died from smoking related complications, I would not wish that tragedy on another human being or family.

Well done, take care and good luck with the next 100......one day at a time !
John.

nurselynnaie
OH I am here

Not sneaking behind the shed anymore gave that up it is too cold now I sneak in the basement ... lol .. Finally got the doctor to agree to do surgery if I am smoke free for 4 weeks so started my script I got a month or more ago this morning for chantix.Quit day Completely no sneaking ... is Feb 1st. If I can make it til the 28th I am hoping they will set up the surgery I can be as fixed as I am gonna get and I can go back to work to get the heck away from my two teenagers. They are driving me as crazy as I am them I think lol
Great Job Jim dont go far will need your help
Sheryl

ouch2
ouch2's picture
Sheryl

You can do it! I too had some ups and down with quitting, but once I learned that I would be having my ADR surgery, it was what I needed to stay off the cigarettes.I also cheated when I first quit, but knowing that I needed to to have the surgery helped me stop for good.

You can do it, then we will both be smoke free and recovering from surgery...the begining of a new life!

Hug Karen

Hug Hug : Karen
L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

ouch2
ouch2's picture
and Jim...

Congrats! You must be at 120 days now! Awesome!

Hug Karen

Hug Hug : Karen
L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

Pages