My name is Rick and I live outside of Boston.
I had a C5-C6 AD with fusion in 2005.
Now after developing pain and numbness in my left shoulder/arm a recent MRI shows that C6-C7 is now ruptures and pressing on the nerve root.
I am waiting to see the Neurosurgeon but was curios if anyone else has had a 2nd fusion?
From what I have read I know it is not uncommon for adjoining disk to go bad after a fusion, but haven't been able to find much about the treatment for a 2nd bad cervical disk.
Am I looking at another fusion, possible disk replacement?
I am sure I may have to endure the non-surgical circus of PT and possibly injections but would like to hear other stories.
It took three years to get my c5-c6 problem diagnosed correctly and finally treated via fusion, and I did feel better after surgery.
I am hoping to skip some of the BS this time around.