360 fusion

360 fusion

Welcome to Spine-health’s Back Surgery and Neck Surgery patient community. You can also read doctor approved Back Surgery and Neck Surgery Articles and watch Surgery Videos.
11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Anonymous (not verified)
Title: Member
360 fusion

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a 360 fusion?

advertisement
Sparky123
Sparky123's picture
Don't know if you saw this...
Pika (not verified)
360 fusion

For me and my surgeon, just over 2 hours! He replaced the disc in front with a titanium one. Flipped me over and did the hardwear. 6 inch scars on both front and back but I was home the next day... Good Luck to you and get a second opinion if you can.

Sparky123
Sparky123's picture
WOW!

Spooky! Same exact time too! Rolling

EMS Guy
Time

I was on the table for about 7 hours. The vascular surgeon had to take his time (a good thing I think!) because my arteries and veins don't run exactly like most folks. Plus, if they place the hardware in a minimally invasive fasion, it takes a little longer, but causes a lot less trauma to the back muscles.

I was in the hospital for 4 days. They wont release a patient until they can have a bowel movement. I could have gone home at day 3 I think, but my bowels still didn't work and I wasn't on solid food because of that.

Keith

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2

Lo
Lo's picture
Mine was like his.

6 hour surgery, 4 day hospital stay, have to have a bowel movement before you can leave. I also couldn't have one because my bowels wouldn't work and was on clear liquid diet for the entire 4 days. Let me tell you, I have never had so much apple juice in my life. I drank it by the half gallon..... Lol.

reddmomma (not verified)
360 fusion

Thanks everyone. I just found out yesterday that I have to have a 360 double fusion, L4-5, L5-S1, due to a work injury that happened 7-4-2007. Had the lami, cortosone shots, PT, chrio, discogram. Just waiting on WC approval. Good luck to all that have pending surgeries!

megb (not verified)
Hi

Pika's surgery sounds amazing - I only wish I had known about that option. I did have a very good surgeon but my surgery was done on 2 days - the anterior on July 21 and the posterior on July 23. I think the first one was about 6 hours and the 2nd about 3 - but I am not sure. I went home on the 25th.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery and keep us posted on your progress.

reddmomma (not verified)
360 fusion

will do and thanks

Lo
Lo's picture

Wow... 6 hours is long for an anterior surgery. Were they trying to be as minimally invasive as possible?

wildcat78
same here

Hey all, I am glad I found this particular forum, I am scheduled to have a 360 on the 9 of October. prior, last may I had a lami and discectomy on L4 L5, basically the surgeon was a joke. i reinjured the same disc in March of this year, all work comp garbage. But thank God they approved the 360 two days after the doc ordered it. I am scared beyond belief, if anyone could give me some feedback on their surgeries, I would truly appreciate it. I will have lots of help when I get home from the hospital, was told I'd be there at least 4 days. This new surgeon is a God send. The only bad thing is I have to travel an hour to get to the hospital.
Thanks.
Elizabeth