I am probably going to have ACDF at C5/C6 in about one month. Could those of you who have had a single-level ACDF please tell me what unexpected daily living problems you encountered during your recovery? For example:
1. Did you have to sleep lying flat on your back?
2. Men: Were you able to shave?
3. What did you do about showering? Shampooing your hair?
4. How long can you have the collar off? Can you wear it in the shower?
5. What about preparing meals?
6. I'm sure the surgeon will tell me this, but how soon after surgery did you start exercising? What sort of exercises did you do? Did you have to go to a PT, or were you able to exercises by yourself at home?
7. How soon were you able to drive?
8. For those of you who had C5/C6 done: After you completely healed, did you notice reduced neck mobility?
Anything unexpected problems you can warn me about would be appreciated.